Meet Ariana Grande, star of the Nickelodeon series Victoriousand singer of the newly-dropped single ‘The Way’, featuring Mac Miller. It was released today and shot immediately to #1 on the charts, so basically if you haven’t heard of this girl yet, you’re already behind, because she’s poised to blow up. More
From the older guy she dated to how much power she has over her Twitter followers where it comes to haircuts, here’s what you should know about Nickelodeon triple-threat Victoria Justice. More
• Could Britney Spears be the new X Factor judge? (Celeb Dirty Laundry)
• Check out this video of Star Jones‘ return to The View after being fired; part of it was issues with co-host Barbara Walters, and criticism on Star for not revealing that she had lost weight through gastric bypass. (Have U Heard)
• The cast of Victorious joined Nickelodeon’s The Big Help and planted trees at an LA middle school. (Celebuzz)
• Rihanna reportedly hooked up with reality star Rob Kardashian in London. What would Chris Brown say? (Celeb Dirty Laundry)
• Lainey talks about Oscar Week anecdotes from years past, including Mariah Carey and Beyoncé‘s negotiate a meeting at dinner while Jennifer Aniston ate quietly in a corner. (Lainey Gossip)
• Nicole Kidman‘s powdered face, and four other celebrity blunders. (The Stir)
• While on Howard Stern‘s Sirius radio show, Adam Levine defended Christina Aguilera‘s weight. (Have U Heard)
This weekend, Nickelodeon unites its two major shows, iCarly and Victorious, in a 90-minute TV special called iParty with Victorious. In the crossover, Carly (Miranda Cosgrove) and Tori (Victoria Justice) discover that they’re dating the same guy; when Carly and her pals head down to L.A. to catch the cheating boyfriend in the act, the Hollywood Arts kids get to meet the stars of their favorite webshow. Oh, and Nick alum Kenan Thompson shows up playing himself.
Earlier this week, we chatted with Victorious star Liz Gillies, who plays mean girl Jade, about getting to know the iCarly cast better and whether the 17-year-old will get to attend a non-TV prom. More
We’re nearing the end of prom season, but there’s at least one more TV show that took a stab at the most revered of high school events: Nickelodeon’s Victorious had an episode last weekend called “Prom Wrecker,” in which Tori’s (Victoria Justice) big dance threatened to upstage Jade’s (Liz Gillies) one-woman show. Let’s see if the whole episode made the grade.
Victorious‘ Prom List Rating: 45 More
Actress and performer Elizabeth Gillies has certainly done her homework: Before her current starring role on Nickelodeon’s Victorious as mean girl Jadelyn West, she had a guest spot on a Nickelodeon show in the ’90s (6 to 8 Frozen Zone), and in 2008 she appeared in the Broadway musical 13 playing — you guessed it — a huge snob who also belts out hit songs.
Victorious, entering its second season, is a sitcom about Tori Vega (Victoria Justice) and her struggles to fit in at Hollywood Arts, a performing-arts school. (It’s also the brainchild of Dan Schneider, creator of iCarly, Kenan & Kel, The Amanda Show, and more.) In addition to the usual high school relationship woes, Tori and her friends — including frenemy Jade — find themselves having to write and perform original songs, and deal with filmmakers and divas. Crushable sat down with Gillies at the press junket for the new Victorious soundtrack and chatted about ’90s Nickelodeon shows, veganism, and Justin Bieber‘s recent troubles with fans in Liverpool. More
We got the chance to see a rough cut of the new Victorious music video for “Beggin’ On Your Knees” today, and it looks really fun. Victoria Justice, Avan Jogia, Daniella Monet, Elizabeth Gillies, and the rest of the cast run around at a carnival, but also get into a little mischief — set to a surprisingly catchy song. More
Perez Hilton, An Obvious Choice For Guest Spot on Nickelodeon’s Victorious – When you think about it, most of Nickelodeon’s demo is probably amused by things like bright, blue-haired cartoon characters and pictures of famous people with dicks in their mouth. (via TheFrisky)
Victoria Justice stars as Tori Vega in this first promo for the upcoming Nickelodeon show, Victorious! In the first episode Tori gets the chance of a lifetime, after filling in for her sister’s performing act, she is given the opportunity … More