Despite my ambivalence for this show and the whole GIRLS phenomenon, there were a few tracks that I found stuck in my head on each Monday. So we’re breaking down our favorite songs from episodes 1-10. More
Last night was the night I like to refer to as: One night, two Lenas. First we had the Grammys where Lena Dunham stunned in a yellow dress while playing a supporting role as girlfriend to Jack Antonoff of Fun. And on the other side of the cable box, we had a new episode of Girls where Lena’s character Hannah falls for an older doctor played by Patrick Wilson. More
Here is a confusing thing: at some point in time, whoever controls fashion trends decided that glasses and mom jeans were worthy of being incorporated into that Byzantine trying-to-get-laid dance known as “the youth culture.” As a result, it’s now nigh impossible to tell who gets shoved into lockers regularly and who just likes Animal Collective. (The nerds, meanwhile, have become the new jocks, what with controlling the world and making billions off your personal info and all. But I digress.) In honor of these topsy turvy times, I challenge you to tell the difference between various hipsters and various ’80s movie nerds. Answers are at the end. No peeking, spaz! More
DJ Earworm has released the United States of Pop 2012, his annual mashup of the twenty-five best songs of the year. So I guess that’s it for me for the year. Wake me when it’s 2013. More
I demand that good things stop happening to Lena Dunham so that she can go back to being a directionless twenty-something like me. More
I’m pretty obsessed with Louis CK, but I was not obsessed with the way he handled the sketches he didn’t like on Saturday Night Live last night. More
Louis CK is hosting Saturday Night Live tomorrow night with musical guest Fun., and I’m worried he’s gonna ruin it by being too good. More
Click through to see what this dorkus malorkus looks like! More
Harlem’s hiphop wunderkind Azealia Banks released a new track today called “Fuck Up The Fun,” and it’s every bit as delightful as her first hit, “212.” Click through to listen! More
- 10 Shocking Celeb Friends Who've Been BFFs Forever!
- The Most Heated Celebrity Feuds of All Time!
- 6 Insane Incidents Where Paparazzi Put Celebs' Lives In Danger
Ryan Gosling After Sex -- Yes, And He Admitted It!
A Day In The Life Of Jay Z's Mistress -- No, Not Beyonce
- Yet another amazing single by Lady Gaga: listen here. (Have U Heard)
- Check out Bieber and his dad’s matching tatts. Like father like son? (Celeb Dirty Laundry)
- Leighton Meester isn’t the only celeb who has had to sue his/her family. (The Frisky)
- Is that a baby bump we see on Jennifer Garner? (Hollywood Hiccups)
- Ever wonder what Orlando Bloom would look like as a baby? Check out his son. (Lainey Gossip)
- If Emma Watson was a troll she might look like this. (BuzzFeed)
- These celebs would be a ball to hangout with. (College Candy)
Earlier this afternoon, BuzzFeed posted this photo of a swingset built into a converted billboard. My reactions went something like this:
1. Oh my God, this is so cool!! Where is this swingset so I can climb those ladders and watch the sunset?
2. What are other interactive billboards?
So began this gallery. Some are shrewd advertising campaigns, stationed on the roads or in the malls. There’s at least one piece of modern street art in there. And some literally reach out and grab you. More
Remember life before you were hot? — This awesome new blog does, and it has pictures of former fashion victims in Limited Too flannels and green braces elastics. We had all that shit! Except we chose clear rubber bands for our braces. Never a good idea. (via Before You Were Hot)
Hey kids, I want to wish all the loyal readers of Jess and Ashlee a VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I can’t tell you how much I enjoy writing this blog. You guys are THE BEST when it comes to commenting and … More