I love writing about pop culture. It gives me an excuse to pay attention to celebrity goings on all day, every day which, if I’m being honest, I would probably do even if I had a more quote-unquote serious job. The downside? People tend to assume that I don’t know what’s going on in the “real” world. More
If you missed out on the hilariously quirky first season of MTV’s high school dramedy Awkward, we’d like to offer you a quick catch-up. It’s one of our favorite shows and we promise you that it’s worth watching — whether or not you’re still in high school.
• Is anyone else incredibly confused by the commercials for The Glass House? Well here’s the lowdown (Celeb Dirty Laundry)
• Sexy new couple alert: who is Bradley Cooper snuggling up with? (Prepare to hate this girl even more than you already do) (Have U Heard)
• Miss Oprah’s Kardashian interview last night? Check out five things we learned (Celebuzz)
• Speaking of the Kardashians, what the eff was Kris doing with her ex-boyfriend last night?? (The Stir)
• Rob Pattinson out raging without Kristin Stewart; emotionless KStew not likely to care (Celeb Dirty Laundry)
In Touch proudly proclaims that Teen Mom Catelynn Lowell, who gave her first daughter up for adoption, is pregnant again! “This Time We’re Keeping Our Baby!” reads the headline. Papa don’t preach. Except, Catelynn Lowell isn’t pregnant.
“Miley – The Next Teen Mom?” asks Star, who at least bothered to frame it as question. They claim that the newly engaged Miley Cyrus is really just trying to rush to alter before she pops out a cousin for India Rose. Their source claims that the teen is “complaining of exhaustion, mood swings and nausea,” which no one has ever experienced outside of pregnancy. As Cyrus’s own mother confirms, Miley is not pregnant.
• Lindsay Lohan may or may not have been “full frontal naked banging girls and guys realistically” for a part in a straight to on demand film… That was a really upsetting sentence to have to type (Lainey Gossip)
• Miley’s brother calling her out for cutting? Or just making it seem like she’s a cutter. Either way he’s a shitty brother (Celeb Dirty Laundry)
• Speaking of Miles, Liam Hemsworth’s ex says their engagement shocked her. Join the club sweetie (Celebuzz)
• Rumors that Ryan Gosling could be Christian Grey in 50 Shades of Grey movie (The Stir)
• Ex-RHONY star Jill Zarin rips into Ramona and the show’s ratings in her latest blogs entry. Two words: Move. On. (Celeb Dirty Laundry)
• Kanye tweeted a naked pic of Kim (and his ex is claiming it’s her). Either way, an awesome way to wake up for a tabloid whore (Have U Heard)
• Rihanna used a body double for boob and butt shots? That’s weird…she’s never had a problem getting naked before… (Celeb Dirty Laundry)
• Tony Awards fashion: Hot damn is Emma Stone sexy and I’m sorry Amanda Seyfried but I do not like that dress one bit (Celebuzz)
• Was Scott Disik actually – gasp – not a skeeze on Keeping Up with the Kardashians last night? (The Stir)
• Spoiler alert: what’s coming for Emily tonight on the Bachelorette? (Have U Heard)
• Kris Humphries reports girlfriend to the FBI for extortion?? At least Kim had the common courtesy to use him as a publicity stunt to earn herself a ton of money. Show some discretion Fatmire (Celeb Dirty Laundry)
• Confirming rumors that Justin Bieber is eight years old, the Biebs rocks a onesie (Celeb Dirty Laundry)
• Is Megan Fox prego? (Lainey Gossip)
• Bret Michaels calls Tom Cruise’s performance in Rock of Ages “over the top.” Because Rock of Love was so subtly nuanced… (Celebuzz)
• Angelina Jolie may want to direct the movie version of everyone’s favorite mommy porn (Celeb Dirty Laundry)
• In more Fifty Shades of Grey movie rumors, Lucy Hale might be taking the lead… (HaveUHeard)
• Could Gretchen finally be kicking scumbag Slade to the curb? Here’s hoping (The Stir)
What would you do if your phone buzzed and you looked down and saw a text message from yourself … in 10 years? We’re sure our future self would have some helpful advice to give us, maybe about a particular dude who’s been stringing us along for a few months that we haven’t quite been able to show the door. Imagine all the pain and humiliation we could save ourselves. More
In our new series Hollywood Jobs, Rebecca Rose will interview people who work in all aspects of the entertainment industry – except performing. Here, you’ll meet the people who keep the show going on behind the scenes.
Leslie Thorson is a Key Assistant Location Manager who has worked on over 20 major Hollywood films, including LA Confidential, Something’s Gotta Give and The Italian Job. Leslie spoke with me from her home in Los Angeles in order to help me understand what it takes to do one of the toughest, if most under-appreciated fields in production. More
I heard if you stare really hard at the dress (shirt? saran?) worn by Country Strong‘s Leighton Meester on the cover of Seventeen this month, an image of Gwyneth Paltrow with a raised knife will appear in 3D. True? More
Ruh-roh. I think we can finally pinpoint the reason Miley Cyrus has been smoking all that salvia of late. According to Kelly Osbourne‘s Twitter account: This is how im a bad I influence on Miley I force her to eat … More
I’m sorry, is this real life? I hate to ask, but when I hear about Fred– that odd-voiced YouTube elf of a child that somehow garners millions of views for its tween star – I don’t think “Wow, this would make SUCH a great film!” Yet here we are, with Nickelodeon turning Fred into a show for their network. And they’re not the first to gamble on a web series paying off. Get your own ideas, Hollywood! More
Last night was (my) highly anticipated Showtime episode of Weeds, which promise a raunchy sex scene between Mary-Louise Parker and Saved By the Bell actor (and recently divorced hunk) Mark-Paul Gosseleaar. So did the show deliver?
Yes and no: We saw Nancy’s boobs for maybe the second time in the entire series (remember when she kicked up a fuss about showing them in season 4?) and damn, I hope I look that good when I’m a mother of three on the lamb from my Mexican drug lord husband because I stole his child after my middle son killed the drug czar with a mallet to the head. Just sayin’. More