A new profile in Vogue paints British singer Adele as an extremely down-to-earth person. She talks loudly, fears performing, and take the paparazzi attention in stride. But one thing we didn’t really expect from the Grammy-winning artist was a lack of ambition, or rather, a sudden prioritizing of her relationship over her fast-moving career. More
Fantasy crushes: we all have them. Sometimes we even get to meet and/or touch them! But it doesn’t always play out exactly like we want it to. Here are some reader-submitted stories about fantasy crush encounters gone gloriously wrong (or horribly right). Names have been changed to protect the maudlin. More
When I was in high school, I had a crush on this MTV guy. I’m not going to set off his Google alert, but suffice it to say he had glasses (oh, did he ever!) and seemed like the kind of nice Jewish boy I’d like to talk about literature and the news with while snuggling. After high school, I kind of forgot about him, but when a mutual friend offered to bring me to his birthday party a few years ago (’09), I took him up on the offer. More
What would you do if your phone buzzed and you looked down and saw a text message from yourself … in 10 years? We’re sure our future self would have some helpful advice to give us, maybe about a particular dude who’s been stringing us along for a few months that we haven’t quite been able to show the door. Imagine all the pain and humiliation we could save ourselves. More
Text messaging is often the fastest way to communicate with friends and acquaintances, but it’s not always the best one. Especially when it comes to texting with guys. Here at Crushable we aim to help you sift through all the subtext and emerge relatively unscathed—with a little help from our friend Amanda Ernst.
While there many reasons why texting during a relationship of any seriousness or length is a good idea, when text messages are the main form of communication between a couple it’s easy to feel insecure in said relationship. This is a direct result of the fact that breaking up via text is so prevalent as well as the casual interaction of texting in general. A text conversation is far less serious (in the minds of many) than a conversation on the phone and definitely more impersonal than one had face to face. So when you have been on a few dates with a guy and then you don’t hear from him for a few days, if the main way you have been communicating is text, you are more apt to jump to the conclusion that he’s avoiding you than if you were waiting for a phone call. In other words, he’s going to have a matter of hours to text you after your last interaction while you might give him a few days to call you. Since you give a guy less leeway with texting, you’re quicker to write him off. More
Do your interests include “axolotls” and “finding someone to mock the Kardashians with?” You don’t need to go to our new dating page because you and I can be each others’ soulmates. However, the rest of you will want to check out TheGloss Dating. It’s part of our new partnership with HowAboutWe – a dating site where people suggest actual dates to go on and then go on them, rather than filling out forms about whether or not they believe in dinosaurs (I do believe in you, apatosaurus! You can do it!) More
• Don’t beat yourself up over a one night stand. (College Candy)
• Is JLo dating a backup dancer? (Betty Confidential)
• What you should know about sex scenes. (The Frisky)
• Getting through the knots. (College Crush)
• When older men love younger women. (The Stir)
• Can advice on Twitter save your relationship? (YourTango)
Ryan Gosling After Sex -- Yes, And He Admitted It!
- 6 Insane Incidents Where Paparazzi Put Celebs' Lives In Danger
- The Most Heated Celebrity Feuds of All Time!
A Day In The Life Of Jay Z's Mistress -- No, Not Beyonce
- 10 Shocking Celeb Friends Who've Been BFFs Forever!
• Sex toys that will make you uncomfortable. (College Candy)
• Stay dignified while dating. (Betty Confidential)
• Nicknames for your lady parts. (TheFrisky)
• Why you should keep your panties on. (College Crush)
• The real reason it didn’t work out. (YourTango)
• What a week day says about your relationship. (Divine Caroline)
• How having a “type” hurts your dating life. (The Stir)
• Sex is for both parties. (College Candy)
• How to keep your dignity when dating. (Betty Confidential)
• Celebs first orgasm. (The Frisky)
•Facing your break up on Facebook. (College Crush)
• Do you feel obligated to have sex? (YourTango)
• Vows for the beginning of a relationship. (Divine Caroline)
The biggest new feature of the brand-new iPhone 4S is, without a doubt, Siri. Siri, you see, is like your personal assistant, only better, because you can carry her around in your pocket. You can ask her to call people and she’ll do it; texting, ditto; if you need directions, she can do that; hell, just about anything you need, she can find a solution for you. In fact, you can carry out whole conversations with Siri.
This got me thinking. Whole conversations? What would Siri be like in a place where questions and answers really matter? Like, say… on a date?
So I did just that. I dressed Siri up and I took her out to her favorite restaurant, and we attempted to get to know each other a little better. How did it go? Well… More
• Get your guy to move in. (College Candy)
• Celebs that got naked for Playboy. (Betty Confidential)
• Characteristics of successful relationships. (College Crush)
• How to get any guy you want. (YourTango)
• Almost dating a step-sibling. (The Frisky)
• Bella Swan finds out she’s pregnant. (Celebuzz)
• Signs you’re into him. (College Candy)
• Learn about a guy by his shoes. (Betty Confidential)
• Defining a gentleman. (The Frisky)
• How to know you’re dating the wrong guy. (College Crush)
• What to do when you’re addicted to Facebook stalking your bf. (YourTango)
• Ashton Kutcher shares a kiss with his male co-star. (Celebuzz)