There are films that are incredibly well done; from the acting to the directing and cinematography and yet… I know I will never watch them again. For various reasons. No matter how good they were or how much I enjoyed them. You know what I mean? More
It was about time for James Cameron to do something that makes me want to frequent a struggling art house cinema. There’s a reason Tina Fey and Amy Poehler made a hilarious joke about him at the Golden Globes that gave even his ex-wife Kathryn Bigelow the giggles. He thinks a lot of himself, and he’s not afraid to show it. More
Woody Allen and Na’vi provide the lyrics to Lionel Richie‘s signature song: “Hello… is it me you’re looking for?” More
• Courtney Love blasts her daughter over engagement news. (Celeb Dirty Laundry)
• MTV to launch Breaking Dawn special. (Hollywood Hiccups)
• Steve Jobs‘ final words. (Have U Heard)
• Possible Avatar sequel details. (Celeb Dirty Laundry)
• Kristen Cavallari reengaged? (Hollywood Hiccups)
• Kim Kardashian spends Halloween without husband. (Have U Heard)
Jack Osbourne is engaged—and it’s his fiancée Lisa Stelly who broke the news. The aspiring actress tweeted about it last night. Surprisingly, there are absolutely no details about how the two met — though we know that Jack’s been spending time behind the camera as a filmmaker — and how he asked her. But we did manage to scrounge up 5 facts about Lisa! More
So, Wizarding World of Harry Potter. You thought you were the coolest movie-specific theme park around? Well, think again, because James Cameron is coming, and he’s going to squash you like a tiny, magical bug. More
I have terrible, terrible news for you all: Your favorite fictional characters have begun to turn to lives of crime. Gone are the days of the ski mask; these days, robbers and crooks are donning Halloween costumes and character masks to carry out their evil deeds. What can we do to stop this horrible trend?! We must save the characters! More
Despite playing West Bev’s queen bee, AnnaLynne McCord has been slapped with some of the show’s sillier stunt plotlines. Last season, she got a head-to-toe transformation into a Na’vi from Avatar in order to attract geeky Max (Josh Zuckerman). And judging from these new set pics, Naomi is setting herself up for more ridicule in a time-honored sorority tradition: Bikini jousting, and a good sliming on top of that. More
First it was a handful of computer animated films. Then it was most computer animated films. Then it was a handful of live action films. Then Avatar happened, and ever since then, nearly every single big-budget action-y movie that has been released has been in 3D.
What the hell’s up with that?
Let me get the record straight: I don’t think there’s anything wrong with 3D movies– as long as the 3D bit is essential to the story being told. The big problem I’ve been having lately is that more and more, the use of 3D technology in filmmaking is becoming a gimmick or a trend, rather than an actual technique. The question I keep asking is whether or not the 3D element is actually doing anything to enhance the films it’s being applied to– and mostly, I don’t think it is. More
- 10 Shocking Celeb Friends Who've Been BFFs Forever!
A Day In The Life Of Jay Z's Mistress -- No, Not Beyonce
- The Most Heated Celebrity Feuds of All Time!
- 6 Insane Incidents Where Paparazzi Put Celebs' Lives In Danger
Ryan Gosling After Sex -- Yes, And He Admitted It!
Gloria Shuri Nava gained Internet notoriety last year when her amazingly misunderstood Avatar makeup tutorial became synonymous with all things creepy and Na’vi. But Gloria’s videos are hysterically funny, and not in a “look at this weirdo” way. Because as her new video shows, anyone can throw some makeup on their face and get made fun of on YouTube, but it takes a real trooper to take some Ecstasy first and get head from Mila Kunis in order to fully immerse themselves in the experience of being the Black Swan. Brava, glowpinkstah! More
James Cameron will make Avatar 2 & 3 next – The director has finally agreed to take on the sequels to his blue-bodied blockbuster. He plans to begin working on the scripts early next year. Maybe he’ll have invented 4D technology by then? (OMG)
• Lets all tune in today as Hillary Clinton apologizes to Guatemala on behalf of America for giving the entire country STDs in the 60s. It was just a different time, man! (Nerve)
• Oh good, another “sexy” Russian cyber-spy. Can we just move all the future James Bond movies onto the Internet?? (Gawker)
• Why should you date a white guy? Well here, let this entire new blog devoted to the subject fill you in! (The Gloss)
• Today is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and Crushable has teamed up with Ralph Lauren’s Pink Pony in order to promote the worthwhile cause. (Styleite)
• Oh good, that’s what we needed: More naked Na’vi’s. Thanks Hustler! Nobody thought of that great idea yet (except all of the Internet, 10 months ago). (Fleshbot)
• Eliot Spitzer‘s new CNN show isn’t going to cover sex scandals. Weird! (The Wrap)
• Madonna’s new Dolce and Gabonna ad makes us feel funny inside, like when grandma tries to be sexy. (College Candy) More
A Typepad blogger named Ray Knowles just got his seventh Neytiri from Avatar tattoo — but unfortunately none of them are in 3D. Just to be on the safe side, we’ve decided to request a restraining order on Zoe Saldana‘s behalf. (Although somehow there’s a wedding ring on this guy’s finger, so maybe he’s just really into Na’vi blue?)
Hey, we bet we can guess what Ray’s favorite movie is! (Last Tango In Paris.)
Get your nerd on – From stereoscopes to porn to Avatar, the 110-year history of 3D movies. (via Silicon Alley Insider)