The next installment in the Hunger Games series doesn’t come out until November of this year, but luckily they just released a Mockingjay Part 1 teaser that should tide you over until then. (Or at least until the first trailer comes out.)
It’s just President Snow looking into a camera and delivering a minute-long address on Capitol TV for all Panem residents, but there are so many creepy, goosebump-inducing moments that it feels way longer. Here’s a list of all the moments that will get your hair standing on end from some mysterious combo of dread and excitement.
- The Hunger Games music right off the bat! It’s been too long since we’ve heard it.
- Those pale Snow eyes and the fact that he’s staring straight ahead, even during the side shot.
- ALL WHITE EVERYTHANG.
- That little musical ‘ping’ sound that goes off right before the word ‘sacrifice’ appears.
- When the whole thing takes a turn with the phrase ‘…but if you resist the system…’ GAHHHH.
- When we realize the person standing next to him is Josh Hutcherson.
- …the instant later when we realize Jennifer Lawrence is missing and we have no idea where she is. (Unless we’ve read the books, in which case we know exactly where Katniss Everdeen is.)
- When the Panem seal comes sliding out of the wall. Something about hearing that voice behind it intoning ‘Panem today, Panem tomorrow, Panem forever,’ gives me the serious heebie-jeebs.
- When Peeta moves his eyes to the camera EXACTLY AS THE MUSIC SWELLS.
- And then blackout. Meeeep!
Can’t. Handle it.