1. Building a custom house with lots of unique details takes a lot of time. More time than any president should have. Combine that with the amount of time he spends day dreaming about having children with Olivia and there’s no way that he’s putting any thought into running the country. The county that he looovvesss so much.
1a. Blabbing on about having new kids while you never even see the three you have shows an incredible lack of foresight. Today he wants kids and tomorrow he wants war. Sound extreme? Yeah, well, so is building someone a house without asking for any input and then having the balls to whine about it. “You don’t want the house that you didn’t know I built for you?” Ugh, get out.
2. Swearing people to secrecy so you can build your mistress a house isn’t fair in general. It’s beyond unethical when you’re president. “Hey Mr. Architect, if anyone asks who commissioned this house, just say Joe Schmo, k, thanx!”
3. Using the tax payer’s money to helicopter your mistress to your secret house is grounds for impeachment. I mean, you won’t see that written into the constitution or anything. But that’s only because our forefathers never believed that anyone would be that stupid.
4. Continuing to make his secret service unwilling accomplices to his affair actually earns him the label of selfish dickhead. Poor fucking Hal, he deserves all the drinks in the world. And honestly, I hope this show ends with him making a billion dollars off of a tell-all.
5. Risking exposing his affair after he just ruined poor Jeannine’s life earlier in the season with the whole faux-not-faux affair scandal is idiotic. Just straight up idiotic. I wouldn’t trust Fitz to get my order right at drive-thru. There’s no way, I’d trust him to run my country.
Am I overreacting to this? Obviously, yes. It’s just a TV show, a soapy one at that. But let’s keep logic and reason up on the shelf while I continue my diatribe.
It’s increasingly difficult to care about Fitz when he spends his entire day pining over Olivia. I’m supposed to care about his upcoming re-election when he doesn’t even want it? Yeah. Right. Count me in as someone who took it personally when Josie Marcus withdrew from the election.
So Shonda Rimes and/or anyone else involved with the show who came across this via Google alert, fix Fitz and fix him fast. Show us that he’s a good president and show us that he cares about his job. Then maybe we can get back to caring about him — and in turn, caring about his relationship with Olivia. Because as of right now I’m one more “I just wanted to hear your voice” cell phone call away from turning off the show.