Brie Larson is maybe about to sign on to costar with Mark Wahlberg in a movie called The Gambler, about a dude with a gambling addiction…and that got me to thinking: who the hell is Brie Larson? I mean obviously I’ve heard her name before, and a brief foray over to IMDb shows that even though she’s only twenty-four, she’s already been around for a long time, but I couldn’t pick her face out of a crowd.
Which is something I need to rectify post-haste, because in addition to being eyed to work with Marky Mark Brie is getting some serious awards buzz for a film she did this year called Short Term 12. In fact, pretty much any time Brie does anything, there’s a little burble of attention that gets paid to her for a second before Miley Cyrus does something else shocking and the world needs to talk about that instead.
But I’m tired of our short attention spans, world. Let’s learn about Brie now so we’re ready when she becomes the next big thing in about five seconds. Forget about Miley’s foam finger and get ahead of the game for once.
- Brie’s birth name is Brianne Sidonie Desaulniers. And just in case you needed further proof that her family is decidedly whimsical, she has a sister Milaine who goes by Mimsy.
- You probably recognize Brie from United States Of Tara or 21 Jump Street, or even the Disney Channel, where she got an early start. But did you know she was also a Six Chick in 13 Going On 30? Mind. Blown.
- At age six, she became the youngest student ever to attend the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco.
- And just to follow that up, she got signed to a Universal Records recording contract at age thirteen, sight unseen. Tommy Mottola liked her that much.
- On IMDb, she has credits as an actor on television and film, obviously, but also in music, editing, composition, directing, and producing. Damn, girl. We got a regular Ben Affleck on our hands.
Stay tuned, you guys. There’s much more to come from this one.