This Zac Efron story is getting nuts really quickly, and I’m not sure what to believe. The first news we heard out of left field a week ago was that he had been to rehab earlier this year, and the report said it had been for alcohol. Then that was followed up with the claim that it had actually been for cocaine use. Oh. Okay. Well that’s more serious, but whatever it is, great that he’s getting help. Then all of a sudden, it’s a full-blown addiction to cocaine, and everything is spiraling out of control.
The newest information claims that back in January, Zac had a non-fatal overdose on the painkiller oxycodone, which also goes by the name ‘hillbilly heroin’. According to a source at the National Enquirer who they say passed a polygraph test, Zac had a party in his hotel room at the Thompson in New York City on January 3rd. At said party, he allegedly consumed ‘a massive amount’ of oxycodone, Adderall, alcohol, and marijuana, and their source says:
“I was scared for him. If he doesn’t clean himself up, he’ll be Hollywood’s next big drug tragedy.”
Before going back to the hotel, Zac allegedly asked his friends to purchase forty of the pills on the street, ultimately spending $1,200 on those drugs.
“If he didn’t have such a need for the oxy, I don’t think he would have let us come into the room. He was like a junkie. He wanted the drugs so bad, and this was the only way he could get them.”
According to this same source, when he or she got inside the suite, it was apparently full of empty liquor bottles, and Zac was doing twice the amount of oxy that people usually do. While most users crush one pill and snort it, “Zac doubled that.”
“He went through a lot of pills even though it was clear he was entering a danger zone. My worst fear was that he had died from an overdose.”
Ah yes, your biggest fear. Apparently not enough of one to get him help back in January or to refuse to provide the drugs he asked you to bring or whatever, but it’s very comforting to see you profiting off the story ten months later. Great work.