There are some shows that I’ve learned to expect mellowness from, but I’m definitely not used to The Real Housewives Of Miami being one of them. Usually they cram these episodes so full of drama that I wonder if they’ll have anything to snark about next week, but last night ended with a surprising amount of stuff kinda up in the air.
I know better to believe for a second that these ladies are losing steam this early in the season, so I’m hoping that they’re just building up for an epic show next week. Fingers crossed. Here’s a list of all the little letdowns that left me hanging:
- Alex doesn’t seem to be mad at his mom Adriana for lying to him about being married toÂ Frederic for five years. Good for him for being forgiving I guess, but I was hoping someone would finally take her to task.
- He’s also not mad at Adriana for involving him in her drama with Lea, even though she’s sitting there asking Alex if Lea’s son RJ said anything to him about their fight, and implying that she doesn’t want him to go to RJ’s birthday party.
- Frederic and Romain resolved their difficulties in about thirty seconds with Lenny as a mediator. I miss drama.
- I thought it was a shame everyone couldn’t be as mature as Alexia. She’s not always my favorite housewife, but considering what she’s going through with her son Frankie having to re-learn how to read and write, her poise is really impressive.
- Marta not dropping everything to help Joanna with her wedding. That’s your sister, girl.
- I finally got the taste of a fight between Lenny and his parents over their treatment of Lisa, but she had to go and stop it before it got as heated as I wanted.
- Joanna, please just let Lisa be in your wedding. It’s all she’s living for.
- Lea calling Joanna’s new house WITH A PANORAMIC VIEW OF THE WATER ‘shabby chic’ and a ‘money pit’.
- Getting teased with the intrigue about Lea’s (or should I say Lisa‘s) secret wedding back in 1995, but no follow-up yet. How tantalizing.
- Alex actually showing up to RJ’s birthday party! You tricksy Bravo, you wanted me to think he was MIA. But at least it’s Frederic who brought him. I know Adriana can’t handle it.
- BUT THERE’S ADRIANA. She showed up! You call this drama, you guys?
- Lea takes the high road and decides not to yell at Alexia for missing the gala. That’s sweet, but I loathe the high road. Let’s go back to the low road. I’m more comfortable there.
The only thing in the whole episode that wasn’t a letdown was Joanna, Lisa, and Adriana singing happy birthday to RJ at the end. That was exactly as awkward and unnecessary as I’d hoped and dreamed it would be.