Why Zoe Saldana, you sneaky mom! If the tabloids are to be believed — and they always are — you went and married your new boyfriend all the way back in June and you’ve been keeping it a secret ever since! You minx!
The man in question is named Marco Perego, and the two only started dating in mid-May. Or at least, that’s when they went public as a couple, being photographed smooching on each other while vacationing in Capri. But I’m assuming they might’ve started dating a little closer on the heels of Zoe’s break-up with Bradley Cooper in January, because that makes the story of this “super small but very romantic and beautiful” ceremony in London in June a little more plausible.
Or maybe, I dunno, they’ve been dating for a lot longer than they even say, because Zoe was just another fake-relationship for Bradley, ala Suki Waterhouse of the Awkward Park Photo Shoot. Who can say, really?
But anyway. I bet you wanna learn about this Marco guy, so in honor of your insatiable curiosity, I’ve prepared five facts about him. Read on to have all the mysteries of the universe explained to you. (Minus the one when people get married after only a month of dating.)
- Marco is thirty-four years old, and was born in Italy.
- His first job was as a professional soccer player — he was added to Venice’s professional team when he was seventeen — but he was sidelined by a severe leg injury. After that point, he moved to New York and began working in restaurants to support himself as a painter.
- That was ten years ago, and he’s become enormously successful since. (At a show in 2007, he had works selling between $15,000 and $30,000, and many celebrities attending his shows.) He cites his influences as Andy Warhol, Caravaggio, Marcel Duchamp, Pascal and the writer William S. Burroughs.
- His is referred to as ‘The Pirate’, a term he also uses to describe himself and his friends. I’m assuming because of his appearance.
- He doesn’t question why he has been successful, when others haven’t: “I don’t have idea. I just believe in my dreams, the sun in the face, wind in the back, the rest take care from the destiny to dance with the stars.”
And that, my friends, is how you end up married to Zoe Saldana — BELIEVE IN YOUR DREAMS. I’m going straight home to fall asleep chanting the mantra ‘I will be adult-adopted by Kristen Bell. I will be adult-adopted by Kristen Bell.’
(Image: CandidWire / Pacific Coast News)