Lily Collins is an actress on the rise. At the age of 24, she is best known for her starring roles in films such as The Blind Side, Mirror, Mirror, and Abduction. Most recently, Lily portrays the fictional character, Clary Fray, in the upcoming movie, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. Based the on the book series, this movie adaption is set to be released in theaters on August 21st.
To help you get to know her better, here are some fun-facts about actress Lily Collins:
1. Before her career as an actress, she thought she’d become a journalist. She studied Broadcast Journalism at the University of Southern CA and prior to that, contributed to magazines such as Seventeen, Teen Vogue, and the Los Angeles Times. She also wrote her own column (“NY Confidential”) for the Brit mag, Elle Girl.
2. Her dad is Phil Collins. You know, that English musician who wrote that song for Tarzan? Sidenote: That song (“You’ll Be In My Heart”) was actually dedicated to her.
3. She wanted the role of Snow White in the movie Snow White And The Huntsman but K. Stew beat her in the audition process. In fact, that was the second time Lily was beat out by Kristen after having also auditioned for the role of Bella Swan. Lily did finally get her chance to play Snow White on the big screen, starring in the movie Mirror Mirror.
4. She collects antique and vintage items and loves wearing vintage clothing, too. She says her fashion choices are inspired by old Hollywood actresses like Audrey Hepburn and Elizabeth Taylor, but she likes to mix in a young vibe while still keeping a classic, elegant look.
5. She was actually born in Surrey, England but after her parents split-up, she moved to LA with her mom at the age of 5.
This post is sponsored by The Mortal Instruments.