This week on Keeping Up With the Kardashians, the Kardashian-Jenner Klan has landed in Greece. That’s right, for the next few weeks we’ll get all the juicy deets on the stories behind the stories that we read in People and US Weekly months ago. Oh, and speaking of things we learned about months ago, OMG GUYZ Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries were officially granted a divorce on this week’s episode. Who saw that coming?
With Kim officially divorced and no longer able to remind us that she just may have to have a baby with Kanye West while still being married to Kris (Okay, she still managed to work that in once), it was up to Kris Jenner and stepson Brody Jenner to dish out the drama. Brody may have made up with daddy Bruce Jenner earlier this season, but he’s still got some deep-rooted issues with Kris. It would appear that Kris also has some issues with Brody since she didn’t even invite him on the family vaca. Can’t have too many Jenners in the Kardashian’s family vacation music videos, ya know?
In all seriousness, even if Kris Jenner were a normal human being and not the fame hungry robot we all think she is, I can easily see why relations between Kris and Brody would be tense. Divorce is never fun for kids. And seeing your dad with a new woman who isn’t your mom had to be hard for young Brody. Plus, Bruce has confessed that he wasn’t always the greatest father to Brody, so that couldn’t have helped improve his feelings toward Kris. And if you can stand to show a little bit of sympathy for Kris Jenner for a moment, being a stepmom can be tough. It’s hard to know what role you’re supposed to fill, and that’s made even harder when the father-son relationship is strained.
Now that we’ve gone over those legitimate reasons why Kris and Brody’s relationship is not so good, here are six other not so legitimate reasons I’ve come up with that might explain why the pair aren’t BFFs.
1. Kris was totally #TeamLaurenConrad on The Hills and hasn’t forgiven Brody for not wanting to commit to Lauren and then seasons later flirting around with LC’s arch nemesis Kristin Cavallari.
2. Brody hates the colors black and white, which makes the Kris Jenner Casa a total nightmare for him. And don’t even get him started on that black toilet paper she has…
3. Kris is still mad that back in season one, Brody filmed a much younger Kendall and Kylie while they pretended to be on Girls Gone Wild, swinging around on the family stripper pole and flashing the camera. No one exploits Kris Jenner’s kids and gets away with it. Except, you know, Kris Jenner.
4. Brody is first in line to inherit the Bruce Jenner toy helicopter collection, so Kris is screwing with his future by not letting Bruce buy all of the flying gizmos he wants.
5. Kris is threatened by Brody’s reality TV resume. KUWTK may be eight seasons deep, but Brody has been living this life since 2005 when he starred on The Princes of Malibu.
6. Brody cannot believe that Kris Jenner thought it was morally acceptable to flaunt pictures of baby who could have conceivably been created by Kim and Kanye West but was actually just the kid of some crew member. Or maybe I’m the only one who felt that way? Whatever, I think that’s a reason to hate your stepmom if I’ve ever heard one.
Will Kris and Brody be able to resolve these totally logical issues and enjoy their time together in Greece? I guess we’ll have to wait until next week to find out.
(Photo: TRY CW/WENN.com)