Last week we breathed a sigh of relief when we heard that Details magazine had figured out who the most f*ckable celebrities are, naming Ryan Gosling and Mila Kunis as the winners. It was only a matter of time before another publication put out a list with the opposite tone. Since the opposite of f*ckable is obviously hateable (or h*teable, if you prefer), Star magazine released their own list of most-hated celebrities. And the honor of most-hated of the most-hated goes to our favorite cookbook writer Gwyneth Paltrow. It was a tough race, but Gwyneth made it out on top.
But do we really hate Gwyneth Paltrow? I certainly don’t. I might not agree with all of her opinions, but for the most part Gwyneth fascinates and entertains me more than she annoys or offends me. So let’s examine a few important reasons we should stop hating Gwyneth and just be mystified and amused by her instead.
1. She’s not too good to take a selfie with a fellow celebrity. I don’t know if Gwyneth would take a selfie with me if I ran into her at the airport, especially if I happened to be eating McDonald’s at the time, but she took a pretty adorable one with Demi Lovato. And she did it because her daughter Apple is a Lovatic. What’s to hate about that?
2. She is single-handedly reviving lost food industries like the duck egg business and supporting white collar honey bees by requiring their products for her cookbook recipes.
3. She’s not embarrassed to stand next to Robert Downey, Jr. when he’s wearing a ridiculous outfit like this one:
4. She tries really hard to make our lives better through her newsletter Goop, one overly priced designer boot at a time. She’s also not afraid to name her newsletter Goop.
5. She wants us to like her, to really really like her, and she’s willing to talk about smelling babies and smoking weekly cigarettes to do it. That’s admirable.
I also wouldn’t say I “hate” most of the celebrities on this list. Kristen Stewart made it to the number two spot. Anne Hathaway and Taylor Swift also made it onto the list. These are all the kinds of celebrities that people complain about or are annoyed by, but hate is a strong word. I am especially confused by this list because of the presence of Chris Brown in the number 20 spot. If you’ve read Crushable’s coverage of Chris Brown, you know that our problems with him go deeper than they do with your typical pretentious or insensitive celebrity. Putting Chris Brown, a violent criminal, at the bottom of this list, and then putting Gwyneth Paltrow at the top makes the whole list pretty ridiculous. They’re in two separate categories of dislike.
(Photos: Brian To/WENN.com, WENN.com)