Zach Braff turns 38 today and you should celebrate his big day by following him on Twitter @ZachBraff. He has some of the best tweets around and we’re surprised that he only has one million followers. Sure that’s a lot for a normal person, but it’s nothing for someone as accomplished as Zach Braff. His tweets are so up close and so personal that they make you feel like you’re talking to a celebrity who also happens to be your hilarious and talented magical best friend. Is there anything better than feeling you like know one of your favorite celebrities? Let me answer that for you. No, no there isn’t.
Twitter persona aside, Zach Braff is a talented force to be reckoned with in the industry. Remember how he wrote, directed, and starred in Garden State? And how he also compiled that legendary soundtrack? I still cry every single time I see that beautiful indie ode to New Jersey and I still whisper “Bravo, Zach” every time the credits roll. And of course, Scrubs was one of the best TV comedies ever. His character J.D. was every girl’s dream boyfriend and every guy’s ideal best friend. Not only does Zach Braff rock the film and TV world, he also writes plays! His play All New People premiered Off Broadway at the Second Stage Theatre and starred Justin Bartha. Bonus fact: as most of you probably don’t know, he guest starred in an episode of The Babysitter’s Club when he was a wee lad. And tell you what, he hasn’t aged a day.
So even though we can’t get our weekly dose of Zach Braff on Scrubs, we can rest assured that we’ll see him again sometime soon. And until then, we can stalk him on Twitter. With no further ado, here are the 11 reasons you should follow Zach Braff on Twitter today:
1. He’s funny. This is no surprise. He’s a veteran funny guy, now dispensing quips in 140 characters or less.
I don’t have to watch @beyonce‘s documentary, I lived it.
— Zach Braff (@zachbraff) February 17, 2013
2. He’s adorable. Everything he says and does is adorable, and that is a fact.
I put Nemo on for my turtles. It’s their favorite: twitter.com/zachbraff/stat…
— Zach Braff (@zachbraff) February 24, 2013
3. He has a wonderful bromance with his former Scrubs co-star Donald Faison. In fact you might even say that J.D and Turk invented the bromance during their time on Scrubs.
Does anyone know a reputable twerking school in the LA area? @donald_faison
— Zach Braff (@zachbraff) March 15, 2013
4. He keeps it real with current events. Is there anything better than a guy who believes in marriage equality?
I don’t care who you love, who you wanna marry, what you do with your peep or vag. Just be kind and don’t hurt anyone.
— Zach Braff (@zachbraff) March 27, 2013
5. He’s an awesome friend. Zach may be famous, but he still takes the time to do shout outs to talented friends.
P.s. Follow @bonsomerville . She wrote the song “Winding Road” on the Garden State soundtrack and is also a rad actress. xoxo sometimes y
— Zach Braff (@zachbraff) March 19, 2013
6. He’s brutally honest. Zach Braff tells it like it is. He’s not afraid of making himself look silly. He’s not afraid of calling other people on their bullshit. He is indisputably real.
If you talk in the movie theater, odds are strong we wouldn’t be bffs in real life.
— Zach Braff (@zachbraff) December 12, 2012
7. He is a connoisseur of the Internet. As if we needed another reason to love him, he appreciates the hilarity of viral internet content. He tweets gifs and memes like an Internet ninja.
This is so awesome: (reddit) i.imgur.com/4UCT7fQ.gif
— Zach Braff (@zachbraff) April 1, 2013
8. He likes Les Miz, ladies. In fact, he’s a theater geek at heart. He went to the teen performing arts camp Stagedoor Manor where he met Natalie Portman and Mandy Moore. Glad to know we can freak out with him over the latest Broadway news.
Les Miserables is phenomenal. I cried like it was a puppy massacre.
— Zach Braff (@zachbraff) November 27, 2012
9. He is the king of the Twitpic. He uses Instagram for more than just pictures of food. Behind the scenes pics and candids of him with his dogs? Yes please.
This Koala was up all night partying: twitter.com/zachbraff/stat…
— Zach Braff (@zachbraff) February 10, 2013
10. He responds to fans on Twitter. There’s nothing better than a celebrity who interacts with fans on Twitter. Say something funny or sweet, and maybe he’ll favorite it, or even better, retweet you.
— Zach Braff (@zachbraff) December 2, 2012
11. He loves animals. He has tons of pets: a tiny French bulldog named Scooter, a tiny Brussels Griffon named Roscoe, and turtles who love Finding Nemo. And best of all, he Instagrams them, because he knows how to do the Internet.
This guy is 10. twitter.com/zachbraff/stat…
— Zach Braff (@zachbraff) February 3, 2013
(Photo: Josephine Santos, PacificCoastNews.com)