Are you ready for five full minutes of joy? Well, are you? I hope so, because Tina Fey is about to give you a tour of her 30 Rock character Liz Lemon’s office. Stand just here next to all your hopes and wishes and dreams and she’ll come pick you up.
I’m obsessed. I’m obsessed with this. I watched the whole thing with a demented grin on my face, and then I watched it again, and here are my findings: Tina Fey is great. She is always great and I want to hang out with her. And even if you’re not as infatuated with Tina as I am, there are still some great behind-the-scenes tidbits from the show that make this more than worthwhile. Para examplay:
- She has a picture of Amy Poehler on her wall, from when Amy was on the cover of Bust magazine. She admits she shouldn’t have it because it ‘makes the world collapse a little bit…because if that’s Amy Poehler…who am I?’ but she has it anyway because that’s what you do when you’re biffles with Amy Poehler.
- She’s planning on stealing her tape dispenser when they break down the set. She calls him ‘tape-mouthy’ and they’ve bonded.
- She has pictures on the wall of her daughter as a one year old.
- She never paid Ghostface for his work on the first season because he never filled out his paperwork.
- Her SNL office was on the 17th floor at NBC and it was mad sloppy, yo.
- She has opera glasses in her desk drawer. Doesn’t know why.
- She uses the word ‘rad’.
- She used to have a photo of herself and Jason Sudeikis as Floyd on her desk, but she sent it to Mindy Kaling as a gesture of good luck when she started The Mindy Project. Because she’s the best.
And many other tasty tidbits, but I still want you to watch the video so you can see for yourself. Regardless, Tina is the best. Just so you know.