Even though I don’t tune into The X Factor every single week, I still feel confident saying that Carly Rose Sonenclar should win this season. The finale begins tonight and if you’re not too busy having a social life or starring at this adorable photo of Obama playing Spider-Man games, then you should watch.
I know, I know, it’s like a 19-hour time commitment that involves looking at Simon Cowell’s chest hair. But trust me, hearing Carly Rose Sonenclar belt out whatever song she’s going to belt out tonight is worth it.
But before you fall in love with this talented tween sensation (a girl gets her first bra every time I type those three words in that exact order), you should know some more about her. I’ve explained her in six simple facts that will make you an expert among your friends.
1. She’s 13. That means she was born in 1999. Did you know people were still being manufactured that late in the ’90s? I did not. So this is a fun fact.
2. She sang “Feeling Good” by Nina Simone for her audition. At first the judges were all like, “um, sweetie, that’s a really hard song to sing…” Then as she sang they were all like “ZOMG! She’s Ah-mazing!”
Seriously, they started like this:
And ended like this:
3. She’s the last teen left on Team Britney Spears. Say what you will about Britney Spears circa 2012, but she knows teen talent when she sees it. After all, she chose to do this duet with Justin Timberlake way back in their tween years — which makes it crystal clear that she doesn’t work with losers.
4. She got her musical start on the stage and made her Broadway debut as Cosette in Les Miserables 2006. For people too lazy to do the math, she was 7. What did you do at 7?
5. She’s simply amazing. Just watch her sing Adele’s “Rolling in the Deep” during the show.
6. Even if she somehow doesn’t win X Factor this season, it’s undeniable that she’s going places. So don’t even try denying it. We’re looking at the next big thing here. Even if she’s half your age.