So we’re 364 days away from the theatrical release of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. 364 days may sound like a long time to some, but think about it like this: Now you can hijack your work’s intercom, get on the loudspeaker, and announce to everyone that The Hunger Games: Catching Fire will be released in LESS than a year, and totally not be lying. You couldn’t do that yesterday. Probably because you weren’t at work yesterday with there being Thanksgiving and all, but also because the film wasn’t less than a year away then. What a difference 24 hours can make.
And what a difference keeping yourself occupied will make while you wait for that blessed day, November 22, 2013 to arrive. If you keep busy, waiting for Jennifer Lawrence to grace the screen again as Katniss will probably be much more bearable. But how will to keep yourself from becoming a walking advent calendar? Well, here are some ideas:
1. In honor of Catching Fire‘s newly released motion poster, you could work on creating your own motion poster for the third and fourth (the third book will be made into two movies) films, Hunger Games: Mocking Jay. Learning the necessary skills and then putting them to use for this project should take upwards of at least 364 days, and by the time you’re finished your friends will probably be standing in line for the midnight showing of Catching Fire.
2. Give yourself a Capitol makeover, using only a wardrobe of hand-knit clothing. Do the knitting yourself.
3. Work on breaking a Guinness World Record. I suggest doing this with a skill that easiy lends itself to obsession. If you really focus on your goal—building the world’s tallest Jenga tower, constructing the world’s largest house of cards, making the world’s biggest ball of chewed gum— you might forget what you’re waiting for altogether.
4. Find and buy the exclusive Hunger Games Barbie, and then build elaborate scenescapes depicting important moments from the book using your new toy. If this task doesn’t take up enough of your time, use the Barbie to make a stop motion film.
5. Brush up on your make-up artistry and survival skills, then camouflage yourself like Peeta (Josh Hutcherson) does in the first film. The challenge here? Live without being seen until Catching Fire is released. Living off the grid will make the wait so much more exciting.
6. Come up with a list of things to do until The Hunger Games: Mocking Jay is released. Hopefully you’ll be able to trick your brain into thinking that Catching Fire has already been released. That way you’ll be surprised when it actually does come to a theater near you!
Just remember, less than a year. May the odds that you can make it until then be ever in your favor.