Since I’ve been aware of its existence for a little over an hour now, I’ll just assume that every human being in the world has seen the newest adorable picture to grace our humble interwebs. It’s a photo of American Olympic gymnast McKayla Maroney visiting the White House, and posing with President Barack Obama. That in and of itself is adorbz-worthy, but add to the fact that they’re both making the ‘McKayla Is Not Impressed’ meme face, and I think I’m obsessed. I love everything about this, from the fact that McKayla has a sense of humor about it to the fact that Obama knows what a meme is. But here’s the thing. There’s no caption on this photo, so I don’t know what they’re not impressed by in this particular moment. Gawker has decided it’s them imitating Ohio’s feelings about Mitt Romney in the election, but I’m not so sure. With a girl in her teens and a president this savvy, I have a feeling it’s something a lot more pop culture-y. Here’s a list of some of my guesses: Ten Things That McKayla Maroney and President Obama Totally Aren’t Impressed By.
- Matthew McConaughey‘s mustache. And skeletal frame, but mostly mustache.
- Felix Baumgartner’s 23-mile free-fall. Call me when it’s 24.
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are back together.
- No more Twinkies.
- Channing Tatum is People‘s selection for Sexiest Man Alive this year. Sure, he’s sexy, but is he sexier than Ryan Gosling? No, no he is not.
- The fact that we still don’t know the names for Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer‘s twins. And I really want to know.
- Liz and Dick. Enough said.
- Pre-Thanksgiving Christmas decorations.
- Two And A Half Men is still on television.
- I didn’t work out today.
And there you have it. Look how alert and topical our nation’s leader and it’s judgiest gymnast are. I couldn’t be prouder.
(Image: Gawker via The White House)