Now that Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are back together (just in time to promote Breaking Dawn, Part 2), we’re starting to hear more quotes from their friends about the affair that devastated the Twilight fandom. Probably because now that Robsten is unbroken, stars like Taylor Lautner feel that they can comment on what is essentially a closed book.
But what if I told you there was much more romantic intrigue? And that this latest potential betrayal comes from one of K. Stew’s supposed allies? See, yesterday InStyle UK published their interview with cover girl Dakota Fanning, Kristen’s friend and co-star. When asked about Kristen’s affair with director Rupert Sanders, Dakota was quick to defend her pal. “Well, I just think that media frenzies like that… Everyone thinks they have the right to, you know, publicize the struggles and sadness and heartbreak and all of that,” she said. “It’s like, ‘Why do you think you are the authority to judge people’s experiences?’”
Interesting timing, then, that the National Enquirer published a blind item that strongly implies that not only are Dakota and Kristen lovers, but that Dakota’s feeling burned:
These two young film actresses – they’ve co-starred in a huge franchise and one bomb together (1) — like to get drunk and fool around (2). But now that one of the ladies is back with her boyfriend (3), the other has been left out in the cold (4)—and she’s telling everyone who’ll listen that not only is the popular star a cheater (5), she’s also a lesbian (6)! WHO are they?
Now, this is by no means the first blind item about these two. The bisexual rumors were abundant when Kristen and Dakota starred in the biopic The Runaways back in 2010. One blind from that year describes a young actress having an “intense emotional relationship” with her female co-star. Another one a few months later, about a tweener looking to experiment, also had commenters ‘shipping Dakota and Kristen. And now Dakota’s candid defense of Kristen has people believing this third blind above. We’ve broken it down point-by-point to see how legit it could be:
1. Twilight and The Runaways—check, check. Also, one BlindGossip commenter pointed out that one of the songs from the latter movie is “Cherry Bomb.”
2. Kristen took Dakota out to a nightclub while shooting the movie in 2009. Though the club’s rep insists that they weren’t drinking, they’re celebrities, so they probably could’ve gotten whatever they wanted without much trouble.
3. ROBSTEN IS UNBROKEN
And yet, we think they’re trying too hard to make this situation seem normal.
4. Dakota is never really linked with anyone, which lends credence to the idea that she’s the jilted lover pining for Kristen. It doesn’t help that her InStyle interview also featured this quote about her single status: “I’m not the kind of girl who really wants boyfriends in my life. I’m very black and white in what I feel and I don’t wanna be with someone that I don’t foresee spending a long time with.”
5. I have to say, I was impressed that Dakota didn’t employ any euphemisms when talking about Kristen cheating on Rob. When I first read the quote, I chalked it up to Dakota being one of those people who doesn’t bullshit and who tells it like it is. But it seems as if she may have more sabotage in mind.
6. As evidence, I submit first The Kiss…
…and then this supercut of the girls talking about how awesome it was to film The Kiss:
So, is Dakota trying to get revenge because Kristen left her for Rob? Or is whoever writes these blind items jumping on the girls’ current popularity in the spotlight?
[via Celeb Dirty Laundry]
Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN