The most interesting part about Friday’s TMZ story about Lindsay Lohan wasn’t that her dad Michael tried to storm her house to drag her to rehab. It was that the person who answered her door was a guy claiming to be her boyfriend. Now, before you get all softhearted about some dude protecting LiLo from her famewhoring father, this same guy turned around and gave an interview to the New York Daily News two days later. Also, Lindsay took to her Twitter on October 19th to announce that she wasn’t actually in a relationship:
I don’t have a boyfriend. I have Chanel, Hermes and diamonds. X
Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce you to Josh Chunn. It’s unclear whether he’s a hanger-on or actually has wormed his way into LiLo’s heart, but there’s plenty to know about him that makes this story even more of a Lohan clusterfuck.
1. Now a personal trainer in Hollywood, Josh used to be a cheerleader! At the University of Louisiana at Lafayette — where he studied nursing — he was a member of the Ragin’ Cajun Cheerleaders, which helped him gain knowledge about health and fitness. I wonder if “Chunn” is a stage name of sorts, since his professional website is copyrighted to “Joshua Cole.”
2. Josh is following Lindsay — and her dad — on Twitter, but she has not followed him back. He’s got a pretty meager following otherwise, though in September he tweeted at Britney Spears, offering that she “let this Louisiana boy” whip her into shape. Interestingly, he also sent out this obscure little tweet the day before Michael Lohan’s intervention: There is someone out there that I owe the world to. Timing is everything.
3. A recent LA transplant, Josh claims that drugs and drinking are “not my thing.” He told NYDN, “I think I’m the best influence on her.” He says he’s a big fan of hiking and fishing, and is trying to get Lindsay to do the same.
4. “The deal is she is surrounded by a bunch of fuck-ups,” he explained as to how he’s different from the other people in her life. “I’m there for Lindsay. I listen. I work hard for my money. I pay my own bill when we go out. I have a schedule. That’s the problem with these kids in L.A., they don’t have a schedule. All they want to do is party. I see all these people just waiting for her to grab the bill. I’m just trying to figure out what’s best for her at this time right now.”
5. He claims that he had nothing to do with the intervention. “It kind of put me in an awkward place,” he said of opening the door to Michael Lohan—and especially when he had to relay messages back and forth between father and daughter. “She said, ‘No, no. I don’t want him here. Why are you even talking to him?’” And yet, he said that he could feel Michael’s pain. This is why I’m inclined to believe that the two men are in on this together.
So, do you think this love affair is legit?