Nick Offerman is the best, you guys. He’s handsome, he’s funny, he wears a mustache without looking ridiculous, and he plays one of my favorite characters on Parks and Recreation, a show full of favorite characters. And he’s a great husband, to boot! Last night on Letterman, he shared a song he wrote for wife Megan Mullally (a.k.a. Tammy 2) on the occasion of her 50th birthday, and it was amazing. Here’s that clip, plus some of my other favorite Nick Offerman moments.
1. “The Rainbow Song”
“I’ve got my Cialis so I will not fail/You’re the one I want to impale”
2. NICK AND MEGAN ARE SO CUTE TOGETHER
3. Remember when he read tweets from young female celebrities?
4. This answer from his Reddit AMA:
On whether his political stances are similar to Ron Swanson’s: Well, I just went to discuss this question with Ron, and I found him staring stoically into a fire in which burned his VHS collection of Dirty Harry movies whilst he seemed to be mumbling the words to the Beastie’s High Plains Drifter, and welling up. I would not have expected Ron to be aware of Paul’s Boutique, I guess that seminal record really penetrated the generations. Anyway, I left him to his thoughts.
5. The rest of the answers from his Reddit AMA, for that matter.
6. His slam poem to bacon
7. RON SWANSON RON SWANSON RON SWANSON
8. Drunk Ron Swanson
9. Nick and Megan talk about sex
11. Here he is talking about how he and Megan met