So this year’s Emmy Awards will be hosted by funnyman Jimmy Kimmel, and while Iām not usually one to watch the Emmys, Iāll probably tune in this year. Not because Iām dying to watch my favorite shows and actors lose, but because Jimmy Kimmel told me to and we all know Iāll do anything he asks.
In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Jimmy Kimmel revealed that itās necessary for everyone to watch the Ā Emmys on Sunday because heās going to pull āthe biggest prank ever pulledā and whoever doesnāt watch will suffer from some serious FOMO. Ā The only thing Entertainment Weekly got him to reveal is that the prank will include a ton of people–audience and viewers included.
Since heās very hush-hush about the whole thing, Iāve come up with a list of the Top 5 pranks Jimmy Kimmel could pull on Sunday:
- Iāll give Entertainment Weeklyās theory a chance, but Iām thinking itās too obvious. They speculate that Jimmy Kimmel will ask āat-home viewers to tweet that some scandalous thing just happened,ā and it really didnāt. I donāt know about you, but I think thatās too obvious.
- Iām thinking itās very likely that Jimmy Kimmel will finally reveal that he fabricated those photos of Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, and then weāll all let out a big sigh of relief and scream āI knew it!ā BUT…then heāll tell us Kristen Stewart doesnāt really exist in the first place, and sheās actually computer generated like in that bad Al Pacino movie Simone. Now wouldnāt that explain K-Stewās lack of emotion?
- At the end of the ceremony Jimmy will reveal that everybody who thought they won actually didn’t, he just wanted to see how they would react. He will then proceed to list the names of the real winners. This would actually be really funny, but also sort of heartbreaking for all the losers.
- Jimmy Kimmel isn’t actually hosting the award show at all, but Kris Jenner is. GASP. This would be a sad prank guys, and I’m really hoping it’s not true.
- Finally, and this is a long shot guys, but hear me out: the prank could be simply claiming that a prank will take place. Ya know, itās all Ā just a ploy to get us to watch the Emmys and nothing is actually gonna happen. Nooo, that definitely couldnāt be it. Right?