So this year’s Emmy Awards will be hosted by funnyman Jimmy Kimmel, and while I’m not usually one to watch the Emmys, I’ll probably tune in this year. Not because I’m dying to watch my favorite shows and actors lose, but because Jimmy Kimmel told me to and we all know I’ll do anything he asks.
In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Jimmy Kimmel revealed that it’s necessary for everyone to watch the Emmys on Sunday because he’s going to pull ‘the biggest prank ever pulled’ and whoever doesn’t watch will suffer from some serious FOMO. The only thing Entertainment Weekly got him to reveal is that the prank will include a ton of people–audience and viewers included.
Since he’s very hush-hush about the whole thing, I’ve come up with a list of the Top 5 pranks Jimmy Kimmel could pull on Sunday:
- I’ll give Entertainment Weekly’s theory a chance, but I’m thinking it’s too obvious. They speculate that Jimmy Kimmel will ask “at-home viewers to tweet that some scandalous thing just happened,” and it really didn’t. I don’t know about you, but I think that’s too obvious.
- I’m thinking it’s very likely that Jimmy Kimmel will finally reveal that he fabricated those photos of Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, and then we’ll all let out a big sigh of relief and scream “I knew it!” BUT…then he’ll tell us Kristen Stewart doesn’t really exist in the first place, and she’s actually computer generated like in that bad Al Pacino movie Simone. Now wouldn’t that explain K-Stew’s lack of emotion?
- At the end of the ceremony Jimmy will reveal that everybody who thought they won actually didn’t, he just wanted to see how they would react. He will then proceed to list the names of the real winners. This would actually be really funny, but also sort of heartbreaking for all the losers.
- Jimmy Kimmel isn’t actually hosting the award show at all, but Kris Jenner is. GASP. This would be a sad prank guys, and I’m really hoping it’s not true.
- Finally, and this is a long shot guys, but hear me out: the prank could be simply claiming that a prank will take place. Ya know, it’s all just a ploy to get us to watch the Emmys and nothing is actually gonna happen. Nooo, that definitely couldn’t be it. Right?