Emma’s Crustless Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
You can never go wrong with a great PB&J.
- 12 slices of bread
- Peanut butter
- Fruit jelly or preserves of your choice
- Toast 4 of the bread slices. These pieces will be used in the center of the sandwiches.
- After cooling, spread both sides of one center slice with peanut butter.
- Spread jelly or preserves on one side of the remaining non-toasted slices.
- Place two of the jellied slices on each side of the peanut butter slices. Repeat for each sandwich.
- Carefully cut off the crusts of all four sides of each sandwich.
- Cut each sandwich diagonally and serve.
These crunchy bites are on every kid’s list of lunch favorites.
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled
- 4 tablespoons flour
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- Canola Oil
- Using a grater, finely shred the potatoes.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Heat enough oil to come up the sides the bottom of a deep fryer or pot.
- Form the potato mix into small balls and drop into oil.
- Fry till slightly golden.
- Drain tots onto paper towels.
- Season with salt and pepper. Ready to serve.
Finn’s Grilled Cheesus
This classic favorite is perfect for lunch or as an after-school snack.
- 8 slices white bread
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat a skillet or grill pan over medium heat
- Butter one side of a slice of bread and place facing down onto skillet.
- Add 1 slice of cheese.
- Butter a second slice of bread on one side and place butter side facing up on top of sandwich
- Grill until lightly browned and flip over; continue grilling until cheese is melted.
Dessert: Rachel Berry Cheesecake
Treat the kids with this delicious no-bake recipe.
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese package
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 3 cups fresh berries
- 1 cup strawberry jelly
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and whipped cream in a mixer.
- Add in the berries and mix until smooth.
- Spoon mix into pie crust.
- Chill in fridge until set.
- Melt the strawberry jelly in a saucepan until smooth. Mix in fresh berries and top jelly mixture onto cake.