• Mon, Jul 23 2012

Can One Show About A Gay Couple Really Tear Apart The Moral Fabric Of Our Society? These Moms Say Yes!

From a basement in Bismarck, North Dakota, a woman logged into her Hotmail account and blasted out the following message to all the women she knew.

“Warning: NBC’s new show, The New Normal, will destroy your marriage, your country and your chance at getting a room on the all-white floor of Heaven!!!” 90% of those emails went into the spam folder. But 10% got opened. And that’s why I’m here today telling you about the latest way that primetime television shows are tearing about the moral fabric of our society.

You see, Ryan Murphy’s new show, The New Normal is about a gay couple who want to be parents. Which is gross. Because c’mon. Two men raising a baby. That’s gay. And I mean gay, like stupid.

As you might have guessed One Million Moms is involved. Although as Ellen DeGeneres, once pointed out during her JCPenney feud with them, their Facebook group only has 48,000 members. But I suppose One Million Moms sounds a lot more scary than 48,000+ Moms.  If One Million Moms showed up one your film set chanting “KILL THE BEAST!” you’d be scared. If 48,000 did, you’d probably just laugh in their faces. All 48,000 of the faces.

So yeah, our favorite bigots are baacckkkk. And despite the fact that half of them are now divorced due to the disgusting fact that JCPenney allowed Ellen DeGeneres to be their spokesperson, they’re just as determined as ever to put the ‘Murica back in America.

And they’re doing this by releasing patriotic public statements like this one:

“NBC is using public airwaves to continue to subject families to the decay of morals and values, and the sanctity of marriage in attempting to redefine marriage. These things are harmful to our society, and this program is damaging to our culture. Millions of Americans strongly believe that marriage should be between one man and one woman. NBC’s The New Normal is attempting to desensitize America and our children,” One Million Moms exes said in a statement.

Clap. Clap. Clap.

Finally, a group of people who care enough about our children to say, “stop, I want my children raised in ignorance and I want to not fight with them over the remote, because parenting’s like really hard and it’s not fair that I have to constantly police everything they watch. No one told me it would be this challenging. So it would be super neat if NBC could just do my parenting for me and cancel this show.”

From Our Partners

Share This Post:
  • Steph

    Ugh, don’t they have ANYTHING better to do? Guess not.

  • lucygoosey74

    Statistically speaking, I wonderhow many of the 48,000 moms kids will turn out to be gay! This thought amuses me.

    • Jenni Maier

      If Ryan Murphy and his co-writer Satan have their way, 99%. The other 1% will marry their pets.

  • allizon

    this article is very judgemental! I agree with their campaign and they have a right to their own opinion, just like you have a right to yours

    • alexis

      They absolutely have the right to their own opinion. What they do not have is the right not to be mocked for the ignorance of their opinion.

  • Lillian Gootee

    My general opinion is, if you don’t like it, shut it off. Don’t watch it. Who gives a crap? If they really cared, really and truly, they would just be Amish and not deal with the outside world. It’s wrong? Ok. Whatever. It’s wrong to eat bacon, smoke a cigarette, get your ears pierced, depending on which scripture you read and how creatively you translate it. And let’s remember that the Catholics got to do the same about 1500 years ago. So, do we really know what’s right and what’s wrong? And are you such a prude of a human qtip that you can’t fathom explaining a sitcom? To a kid? Criminy. I suppose these people think marijuana is still a “gateway drug.”and get real.
    let’s all remember that bigots have a right to their opinions, and so does Fred Phelps. Let’s hope the 2ndfinger amendment hangs in there long enoigh for someone to destroy this kind of evil.