Anna’s character in the movie works in a food truck, and wanting to learn some kitchen skills before shooting she signed up for a cooking class with her co-star Chace Crawford. Trying to ace slicing and dicing 101 (or at least win speediest) Anna rushed her knife work, accidentally slicing off most of her fingernail, leading to pain, blood, and a challenge for her next manicurist.
Rather then running screaming from the class Anna was determined to tough the injury out saying, “I was so embarrassed that I cut myself that I was like, ‘No big deal, I’ll just throw a Band Aid on this.” It must have been one of those really sparkly Band-Aids to distract her from her sudden lack of a nail. Away from her fellow choppers she did wake up to the extent of her mishap explaining, “It wasn’t until I got home later that I saw this fingernail was almost completely gone. It literally woke me up in the middle of the night because it hurt so bad. It’s just your finger so I felt like a wuss but it’s fine now.”
Actresses need to start being more careful at work, or designer bandages are going to end up being the next big celebrity trend.