CBS NewsÂ reports that the city of Newark spent $187,000 on Whitney Houston‘s funeral. While some Newark citizens agree that the extra police security to prevent a stampede wasÂ necessary, other people think it’s disgraceful that 5% of the police’s yearly budget went toward this one funeral.
While we see the merits of bothÂ arguments, we can’t help but think how far that $187,000 would go on a college campus. Like seriously far. So far that it almost feels like Monopoly money.
Unsure of whether $187,000 is a lot of money, just take a look at our list of how much it could buy you on a typical college campus.
- 3.71 yearsÂ at the University of MichiganÂ or 3.1 years at George Washington University
- 3116 UCLA hoodies at the campus bookstore
- 18,700 late-night pizzas from Pizza Hut in honor of Tuscani Tuesday
- 1700 fake IDS from RealFakeID.com
- 1822 copies of your Biology textbook for Alabama State’s BIO 127 course.
- 14,395 mesh shower totes from Bed, Bath and Beyond
- 6032 term papers written for you within 8 hours
- 1896 sexy wolf costumes for Halloween
- 11,694 5-packs of Berry Extra Strength 5-Hour Energy
- 10,505 Â going-out shirts from Forever 21
- 187,000 pitchers at dollar pitcher night
After seeing this list, it’s harder to justify that cost for one funeral, even if it’s Whitney Houston and even if she had an amazing voice.
(Photo: Rolling Stone)