It’s fair to say Aziz Ansari is one of the most underrated actors on TV right now. He shines on Parks and Recreation as the wannabe mogul Tom Haverford and continues to entertain us with his absolute ridiculousness. Before he played Tom on Parks and Rec, he starred on the MTV show, Human Giant, which had a small, but cult-like following. And before that he did stand-up comedy while attending NYU. Which he still does during the year, when he’s not filming the show. In fact, he just released his new comedy special, Dangerously Delicious, for $5 and you can buy it today!
Today he joined the Reddit community to do an AMA (ask me anything) where Reddit users can interview him about anything they want.
So what did I learn from Aziz?
1. He says his Parks & Rec co-star smells like, “”cappucinos or something cause he uses these lozenges to stop smoking. It’s kind of warm and comforting. He also eats a lot of bacon and does woodwork stuff just like Ron Swanson. He’s the best.”
2. If he didn’t go into comedy he would “probably just be a fat Indian man that eats a lot of food and lives at home.”
3. He has three things in common with Tom Haverford: they both like hip-hop, they both like suits and they both are small Indian men.
4. If you’re trying to win over that special someone, he recommends the following songs: “On Bended Knee” by Boyz II Men and “Kissed by a Rose” by Seal.
5. His favorite comedians are: Hannibal Buress, Chelsea Peretti, Doug Stanhope, Louis CK and Patrice O’Neal.