While I don’t believe Eden Wood and I would get along if we ever met, I do believe she deserves better than starring on a reality show before she loses all her adult teeth. (And no, flippers don’t count.) The Toddlers & Tiaras alum shot to fame last year for her diva like behavior on the show. We looked at the dressed-up girl and saw a dressed-up girl. Her mother, Mickie Wood, looked at her and saw a future candidate for Celebrity Rehab – if she acted fast enough. Destructive adults don’t build themselves!
So she quickly went from a TLC celebrity to an actual celebrity with appearances on all kinds of talks shows and the debut of her first single “Cutie Patootie” on The Talk. Now she’s starring in Eden’s World on Logo this April.
Even though I’m sure the the show will be a hit and even though I’m sure this will force Honey Boo Boo Child and Paisley “Pretty Woman” Dickey to do something even more outrageous, I wish she would wait a little longer before launching her career.
I would actually rather her be doing any of the following:
- Attending school 5 days a week
- Listening to the dulcet tones of Raffi
- Reading Babysitter’s Club spin-off series, Little Sister
- Watching shows on Nickelodeon
- Unlearning “Cutie Patootie”
- Taking preventative measures and seeing a therapist
- Befriending the girls of Dance Moms and starting a support group
- Walking a dog and learning about responsibility
- Eating all her vegetables at dinner so she can have dessert
- Realizing her parents spent more money on her pageants than she’ll ever get back
- Playing with an American girl doll
- Socializing with her children her age
- Shopping at Gap Kids
- Praying for a pony for her birthday
I guess basically doing anything besides going down the child star road. It’s a dangerous road and few survive it. For every Drew Barrymore, there are 16 Lohans.