Not surprisingly, the Internet has rung in 2012 by ogling a pretty British brunette in a bikini. No, it’s not Pippa Middleton—this lovely lady is Tom Felton‘s girlfriend Jade Olivia (formerly known as Jade Gordon), who as Molly pointed out, looks a bit like Emily Blunt.
Tom and Jade have been together for a few years now, but we don’t know a thing about her! So after some sleuthy Google and Tumblr searches, here are the five facts we’ve compiled about the girl who won Draco Malfoy’s heart.
1. The two met through work: Jade was the Stunt Coordinator’s Assistant for the Harry Potter films. Tom told German magazine Bravo that it was a good thing they worked together, since the 14-hour shoots ensured that he wouldn’t see her unless they were both on-set!
2. Apparently she and Tom looked so good together that the Deathly Hallows producers were convinced that she must play the part of Draco’s wife, Astoria Greengrass, in the movie’s famous epilogue. But as Tom told the Leaky Cauldron back in 2010, Jade wasn’t convinced initially:
The producers actually came to me about six months ago and asked me, and I was like, OK, I’ll ask her. She was slightly reluctant but I pulled her arm and twisted it and then she was filming with me for three days at King’s Cross.
3. Before landing the role of Astoria Greengrass, Jade did some work as a Potter extra; in fact, that’s how she and Tom first crossed paths. He told Cosmopolitan, “The Slytherin boys and I used to play a game called Fit Extras. Then one day there was a stunning brunette with bright eyes who was looking at us. I didn’t do anything about it but it was, in fact, Jade.”
4. She has a pretty obsessive fan following, both haters and lovers. I haven’t been able to track down a Facebook page for her, though there are plenty that have been established in her name, with the similar goal of “showing my support for Jade and Tom.” Support that’s apparently necessary since there are more than a few hate blogs out there—sites where Tom’s fans post unflattering photos of Jade and rip her apart for her slim figure, her fashion, and her relationship with him.
I thought I was on to something when I came across a Formspring supposedly run by Jade, but according to Tumblr it’s another fake. Too bad, because there was a funny anecdote that I wish were true: The faker said that “Jade” had read a few of the Tom/Emma Watson fan fics since everyone seems to want those two to get together.
5. She’s also a songwriter’s muse, another reason to make fangirls hate her: Tom said in 2010 that he’s written songs about Jade on his guitar.
This pic on the right seems to be from some sort of photo booth deal that must’ve been at one of the premieres for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1. Regardless, it’s pretty damn cute.