Remember Zach Anner? He’s the comedian with cerebral palsy who charmed the pants off America and won his own show on Oprah‘s OWN network via her talent competition. His show, Rollin’ Around the World with Zach Anner, premieres tonight — all right! Here are five things to know about Zach:
1. Zach’s 27 years old. He was born in Buffalo, New York, which is so cold, oh my god.
2. Zach attended college at the University of Texas, Austin where he was on a sketch team called Lark the Beard. He was also involved the college TV station.
3. Zach submitted the above video to Oprah’s talent contest and became an overnight success. He was endorsed than none other than John Mayer, who recorded his own video in response to Zach.
4. Even though Zach won the contest, there was suspicion that it had been rigged against him. Evidently, certain fans noticed that Zach’s popularity went down after they voted for him, and a woman named Dr. Phyllis gained popularity instead. About the allegations, Zach said, “I sincerely doubt that Oprah would do anything like that. She’s probably too busy building schools and helping children to even notice someone like me.”
5. The pilot of his new travel show for folks who wouldn’t normally get to jetset, Zach takes his audience on a tour of Los Angeles. He shows us the Hollywood Sign, the Walk of Fame, and Pink’s Hot Dogs, all infused with his wry sense of humor. Yeah!