Anne Hathaway recently became engaged to her boyfriend of several years, Adam Shulman. The actress, who just wrapped her Catwoman role for The Dark Knight Rises, has been sporting a brand new engagement ring and is eager to talk about her beau. So what’s his deal? Here are five things to know about Adam.
1. Adam was born in Manhattan in 1981, which makes him 30 years old. Anne was born in Brooklyn, meaning that this couple is 100% native to NYC.
2. He’s an actor too, although his roles have been rather less high-profile. Adam’s known best for playing Deputy Enos State in 2007′s Dukes of Hazzard adaptation. He’s also appeared in American Dreams and had a small role on The West Wing.
3. He’s Ivy League educated. Adam graduated from Brown in 2003 with a degree in theater.
4. Adam recently started a jewelry line with designer Heidi Nahser Fink. The line is called Adam Banks, Banks being Adam’s middle name. (Was that sentence a palindrome?)
5. He’s like a total stoner or something. In August of this year, Adam was snapped in a tabloid photo taking a hit off a marijuana pipe while sitting in his friend’s car. How totally Rachel Getting Married of him.