Nick Jonas has nabbed himself a hot older girlfriend in Australian singer/actress Delta Goodrem. The two have been dating since May of this year, and were recently snapped acting all cuddly on a trip to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Nick’s 19 and Delta is nearly 27 — which is a pretty big age difference, especially for the younger man/older woman arrangement. So who is Delta? Here are five facts about Nick’s lady:
1. Delta’s a superstar in her own right in her home country of Australia. The singer, whose music can be classified as poppy adult contemporary, has eight number-one singles and three number-one albums to her name.
2. Delta has battled cancer. At the age of 18, she was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma, which attacks the body’s immune system.
3. She actually rose to fame via her acting career. Delta starred on the Australian soap opera Neighbours (that’s Neighbors for you Americans) in 2002.
4. Delta was previously engaged to Westlife singer Brian McFadden, and began dating Nick just two months after their announced their split. Prior to Brian, Delta dated tennis star Mark Philippoussis, who was by her side during her cancer battle.
5. Delta often performs barefoot! That sounds dangerous and also hippie-ish.