This summer has had us thinking about our favorite movies from over ten years ago. Recently we noticed that Alicia Silverstone and Paul Rudd, reuniting at the Our Idiot Brother premiere last week, haven’t aged that much since their time together in Clueless. When this behind-the-scenes photo from American Reunion hit the Web yesterday, we had to ask the same question of East Great Falls’ class of 1999.
American Reunion, the fourth film in the American Pie franchise, roughly follows real-time: About twelve years after the first movie, which launched the careers of cast members like Jason Biggs and Tara Reid, the gang is coming together for their characters’ high-school reunion.Â And judging from the teaser poster that’s been circulating, there will be more inappropriate consumption of apple pie.
Some of these guys have aged spectacularly, and others are nearly unrecognizable.
- Winner:Â Mena Suvari always looks great, so this is no exception.
- Loser: Ever since he and Katie Holmes had that awkward broken engagement, we haven’t been able to look at Chris Klein the same way. He looks like an aging surfer, and just has this weird emptiness in his eyes.
- Winner: Even before Jim could see it, we knew that Michelle would develop from a gawky band geek into a sexy woman — and the same can be said for new mom and How I Met Your Mother starÂ Alyson Hannigan. I think we can actually name her Winner of Everything — career, relationship, looks.
- Loser: We just heard aboutÂ Tara Reid’s latest quickie marriage, but here she looks like Meg Ryan after too much plastic surgery tightened up her nose and cheeks.
- Winner: Yeah, Jason Biggs looks pretty great.
- Same: No real changes in either direction for Seann William Scott and Eddie Kaye Thomas. Both still look pretty doofy, but not like recovered drug addicts or anything like that.
- Winner: And when did Thomas Ian Nicholas get so hot? We always remembered him as confident, but in a cute/geeky way. Now he’s a certified hunk.
There’s also a cute video, again in the vein of a high-school reunion:
No matter how well or badly they’ve aged, it sounds like emotionally the cast is still where we left them a decade ago. We’ll leave you with this quote from Seann:
“In many respects we’ve grown up a lot. But on the other hand we haven’t grown up at all. On-set, Jason Biggs was farting up a storm, Chris Klein was belching, and Eddie Kaye Thomas and Biggs were hitting each other in [the groin].”
American Reunion comes out April 6, 2012.