We have no idea why, but Jim Carrey felt compelled to send Emma Stone a video love letter yesterday. Or, you know, post it on his personal website so everyone could see him tell Emma how beautiful he thinks she is and that he wants to have sex and freckle-faced babies with her. He later took to Twitter to announce the whole thing was a stunt, but we’re still pretty creeped out. Judge for yourself.
Reasons he could be joking:
- They used to call Jim “the man of a thousand faces”: Who says that his deadpan expression isn’t just another tool in his repertoire?
- We haven’t heard much out of him lately aside from Mr. Popper’s Penguins, so it’s likely this is a ploy for attention.
- It looks as if he launched his site Jim Carrey Tru Life (which, interestingly, is down right now) at the same time, so this could be the first of many comedy routines.
Reasons he could be dead serious:
- You can’t fake that kind of intense stare.
- We already know that older men definitely have a thing for Emma — all you have to do is watch David Letterman compliment her every limb when she was on his show a few weeks ago.
- The part where he mentions his age sounds like he’s actually really thought about it.
- Last year, after he and ex Jenny McCarthy split, Jim fired off a series of erratic tweets that had people wondering if he’d finally cracked.
Yeah, we’re still uncomfortable watching this.
Sorry! This poll is now closed.