My own particular nerdy tendencies have never reached dressing-up-as-beloved-fictional-characters heights, but I’m pretty impressed by those who DO venture into that territory. What better place, then, to showcase your lovingly-constructed masterpieces than San Diego Comic-Con, which incidentally is happening this weekend? We’ll bring you images of the best of this year’s SDCC costumes as soon as they start surfacing, but until then, in honor of the event, we bring you 13 of the most creative cosplay costumes we’ve ever seen from previous years. They’re not necessarily the most detailed of costumes (though a few are); but they all demonstrate some excellent outside-the-proverbial-box thinking. Who would you dress up as? Tell us in the comments!
|Small Children Doing Adorably Geeky Things|
|Gallery: Spectacular Real-Life Sci-Fi and Fantasy Gear on Etsy|
|Gallery: The Coolest, Geekiest, Cutest Knit Hats|
|The 10 Best Geeky Marriage Proposals of All Time|
Recommended by Crushable:
- Guess Which Cast Member Theo James Really Enjoyed Kissing
- See 12 Celebrity Couples From 1994 - You Probably Forgot Some Of These People Dated
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Plan WHAT Together? Is She Serious?
- Kim Kardashian Has An Uncomfortable Run-In With Which Ex?
- Kristen Stewart Asks Robert Pattinson For What?!
What We're Reading: