There are several things we’ve learned by watching coverage of the the News of the World phone-hacking scandal: the world is a mean place; Rupert Murdoch is a monster; the world is a terrifying place; Rupert’s son James Murdoch is really hot. We looked into this James character more, and it turns out that before he was implicated in billion-dollar crimes, he actually did some pretty cool stuff. Here are some things to know about James:
1. Here are the basics: James is 38 and was born in Wimbledon, England. He’s a citizen both of the UK and the US. He’s the fourth-born of Rupert Murdoch’s six kids.
2. James currently sits on the News Corporation Board of Directors and is a member of the Office of the Chairman. Sounds fun and not stressful at all.
3. James is a Harvard drop-out. While at the school, he studied film and history and drew a comic strip for the Harvard Lampoon. That’s pretty awesome.
4. He co-founded the label Rawkus Records, which is known for starting the careers of Mos Def and Talib Kweli. That’s also pretty awesome.
5. James has a wife named Kathryn and two kids named Anneka and Walter. Walter! Cutest name ever?