On Wednesday, the New York Times reported that a musical based off of Rocky is in the works, with plans for it to hit Broadway in 2013. My immediate reaction (besides “That’s a TERRIBLE IDEA!”) was this: What is up with all of the musicals being based off of movies these days? Are there truly no original stories left? Or are the people who write Broadway just getting lazy? Because Rocky is far from the only movie to get the Broadway treatment. There have been many, and while some, like The Producers, have in fact ended up being wonderful, the vast majority of them are either bad, or– even worse– simply mediocre. Here’s a look at 17 movies that probably shouldn’t have attempted to take on Broadway.
|Gallery: American Idols On Broadway|
|Virgin Viewing: ‘Young Frankenstein’|
|17 Celebs Who Took the Broadway Stage|
Recommended by Crushable:
- Woman Accused Of Pushing Her Husband Off Cliff Just Days After The Wedding
- See Lady Gaga Nude In Candy Magazine
- These Are The WEIRDEST Christmas Traditions From Around The World
- Justin Bieber TALKS About All The Mistakes He's Made
- How We Celebrated Christmas In The 90s - Did You Do These Things Too?
What We're Reading: