Although American Idol has made some huge changes during its ten seasons on the air, there’s no denying that its popularity has made a huge shift in pop culture. While talent-based competition shows are certainly nothing new (remember Star Search?), the massive success of Idol bled over into other TV shows and even movies. Call it the Idol effect.
|Sweet Repeat: People Win ‘American Idol’|
|For the Last Time, There Are Not More People Voting for ‘American Idol’ Than for the President|
|10 Truly Real Moments on Reality TV|
Recommended by Crushable:
- These Are The WEIRDEST Christmas Traditions From Around The World
- How We Celebrated Christmas In The 90s - Did You Do These Things Too?
- Justin Bieber TALKS About All The Mistakes He's Made
- See Lady Gaga Nude In Candy Magazine
- Woman Accused Of Pushing Her Husband Off Cliff Just Days After The Wedding
What We're Reading: