Imagine my surprise when, watching Mandy Moore‘s new movie Love, Wedding, Marriage, I spotted Andrew Keegan playing a cute rabbi’s son. But what was really surprising was that he got literally 30 seconds in the whole movie. This is Joey Donner we’re talking about here! That got me thinking — what has the famous bully from 10 Things I Hate About You been doing since 1999?
- He was on 7th Heaven. Not surprising since almost every actor cameoed on the show at one time or another, but Keegan had a solid recurring role as Wilson West, Mary’s (Jessica Biel) boyfriend who was also a single dad. (The kid’s mother died in childbirth, not surprisingly, since they conceived the kid in the back of her car.) Though he and Mary didn’t end up together, he was still a steadying force in her tumultuous life.
- He tried the “Shakespeare in high school” thing again. In 2002, Keegan starred as Xander (Lisander, natch) in A Midsummer Night’s Rave, Shakespeare’s tale of matchmaking fairies set at, you guessed it, a rave. Keegan is the only big name, aside from future Gossip Girl regular Matt Czuchry; both appear in this clip that shows just how laughably bad the movie turned out.
- He’s had relationship troubles. His ex-girlfriend Kristi Parrales accused him of throwing her into the wall and slashing her tires in 2009, but he maintained that she was lying.
- He did a Funny Or Die video. In the faux-movie trailer A New Wave, Keegan plays the straight man to shaggy-haired criminal John Krasinski, who wants to base their bank robberies on movies like Reservoir Dogs. Lacey Chabert also stars as Keegan’s girlfriend, a.k.a. the dumb babe.
- He got beat up just a few weeks ago. On May 15, TMZ reported that Keegan and some buddies got attacked by six strangers after leaving a charity event in LA. Although Keegan made out OK — he got three stitches on his mouth, while a friend got pistol-whipped — he was so shaken that he founded a community outreach group.
Love, Wedding, Marriage comes out tomorrow, June 3. Don’t blink, or you might miss Keegan’s cameo — and if you do, you might still get to see him in the Charles Manson biopic Manson Rising, which he’s rumored to be a part of.