You guys, The Lonely Island‘s second album is finally out! The record, put together by sketch group/SNL digital short guys Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer and Jorma Taccone is called Turtleneck and Chain and features such classics as “I Just Had Sex” and “Throw it on the Ground.” Here’s some more stuff to know about these dudes:
1. The boys have been writing comedy together since junior high school, in Berkeley, CA. They joined SNL in 2005 — Andy as a cast member and Akiva and Jorma as writers.
2. They began making the digital shorts in December of 2005, borrowing a camera a filming a fake lettuce commercial to present their work to Lorne Michaels. “Lazy Sunday” was the group’s second offering, and it became an instant viral sensation.
3. “Dick in a Box,” their amazing Justin Timberlake collaboration, totally won an Emmy. Insane!
4. MacGruber? Totally created by these guys. Akiva and Jorma co-wrote the script for the feature adaptation and Jorma directed it.
5. Relationship statuses: Andy is dating indie singer Joanna Newsom, Jorma married Marielle Heller in 2005, Akiva has been married to comedy writer (an SNL alum) Liz Cackowski since 2003 and they’ve spawned once.