Food Network mainstays Rachael Ray and Guy Fieri recently announced that they’ll be working on a new cooking competition show called Guy vs. Rachael’s Celebrity Smackdown. Fieri, whose fame came from winning season 2 of The Next Food Network Star, explained, “We’re gonna get some celebrities who are gonna come on the show, with different levels of culinary technique and who are into cooking. Rachael’s gonna get five, I’m gonna get five, and it’s gonna be battle royale.” No word yet on who the guests will be, but we’ve got a few suggestions for the booking agent.
- Eva Longoria: Her Last Vegas restaurant Beso filed for bankruptcy in January, so if she wants to bring back faith in her ability to manage a food place, this could be a good gig.
- Victoria Beckham: Posh is always bragging about being a cook; perhaps she’ll finally put her money where her mouth is.
- Ashton Kutcher: He’ll probably start shooting new episodes of Two and a Half Men immediately to make up for the lost time, so he could use a break in-between. Plus, the king of Twitter could make no better move to get himself back onto TV than to appear on a second show.
- Jennifer Aniston: To prove that she has people to cook for!
- Michael Bolton: The singer has been inching back into obscurity in the past year, cutting a rug on last season’s Dancing with the Stars and most recently appearing in The Lonely Island‘s “Jack Sparrow” video on last week’s SNL.
- Gwyneth Paltrow: The lady behind GOOP recently appeared on Live with Regis & Kelly to show off her salmon-glazing skills, so it makes sense that she’d continue on with her cooking show domination.
- Lauren Conrad: To show up frenemy Heidi Montag‘s new restaurant show (see below).
- Bethenny Frankel: She may have sold her Skinnygirl empire, but Frankel obviously has a lot of experience in the kitchen. If either team needs a frontrunner, she could be it.
- Justin Bieber: He’ll bring the eggs.
Ray says that the show will premiere this summer, but it already has some competition of its own: VH1 is prepping Famous Food, a reality series with a very similar premise, for the fall. And this show has confirmed celebs: Montag, Danielle Staub, Jake Pavelka, and Ashley Dupre.