Sam Claflin is Prince Charming. Well, on-camera, at least. The British actor was just cast alongside Kristen Stewart Snow White and the Huntsman, playing her royal love interest. So who is Sam? Here are five things to know about the 24-year-old actor:
1. Sam was born in Ipswich, Suffolk on June 27th. His full name is Samuel George Claflin.
2. He’s new to the biz: his first role was in 2010, when he was cast in the Starz miniseries The Pillars of the Earth, which starred Ian McShane and Donald Sutherland.
3. His first big role will hit the big screen later this month. Sam will appear in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. He plays the character Philip Swift, a stalwart missionary.
4. His character in Pirates is in love with a mermaid. That’s right, a mermaid, played by Astrid Bergees-Frisbey . Good luck with that!
5. He played a sex-crazed teen in the flick Any Human Heart. Here’s what he had to say about shooting raunchy scenes:
“It was a little awkward to say the least. I don’t think I’d even kissed a girl in a show before. I think we kind of laughed through it and got through it as…a threesome? It was good fun. I wouldn’t say I’d like to jump into bed with the next woman who comes along in television, but I wouldn’t mind!”