Actor Rider Strong, best known for his stint as best friend Shawn on Boy Meets World, has a new movie out called The Dungeon Master. The movie – which, yes, is about Dungeons & Dragons – was co-directed with his brother Shiloh Strong. In a Vanity Fair interview, Rider showed that he is a) still kind of stoner-hot and b) really funny.
1. “I had hippie parentsâ€”thatâ€™s sort of the shorthand explanation. If I was going to be a girl, they were going to name me Sierraâ€”so I would have been Sierra Strong. But my dad said, â€śThat sounds like a stripper name.â€ť But it never occurred to him that Rider Strong was the biggest porn name ever. â€śRide-her-strongâ€ťâ€”it sounds like a joke. No one pointed it out to me until I was 15. My fatherâ€™s name is King Arthur Strong.”
2. “Look, I think the traditional child actor is one of two things: itâ€™s either â€śI want nothing to do with this ever againâ€ť or â€śI need this again! I need the attention, I need the love, I need the affection of the crowd.â€ť I think the people who survive the best are somewhat in-between.”
3. “I will bet you that people get high and watch Sabrina the Teenage Witch.”
4. [When asked if Cory and Topanga would still be together] “Probably. No, noâ€¦ because the whole conceit of the show was that they were meant for each other. So I canâ€™t say that. Of course theyâ€™re still together in magical happy land.”
5. “In general, people remember my name, which is nice. But now it sounds like an actor-y affectation or something. If I were a writer, it would probably be better.”