When the news of Osama bin Laden‘s death broke late last night, New Yorkers took the subway down to Ground Zero to lay flowers, wave signs, and scream out their elation. As for the people who don’t live in NYC? According to Ology, YouTube became a central spot to celebrate — specifically, in the comments thread of Miley Cyrus‘ 2009 hit “Party in the U.S.A.”
Some of the comments:
- searchbieber: I bet EVERYONE is partying in the USA today…… Have fun! – UK
- SmileyV07: So I put my hands up, Osama’s now dead, the terrorists fly away! Noddin my head like yeeaah watching the news like yeeaah! Its a party in the USA!
- MrBennetzen: Osama’s death just made my life!!!! USA!!! USA!!! USA!!! Rock On Miley!!!
- lamerevipere: AMERICA F YEAH!
- TheDansterrrr: IM NOT CELEBRATING TILL WE FIND WALDO TOO!!!!!
- murphyslaww69: REDWHITEBLUE TO YOU! RIP to the King of Hide and Go Seek. Got Found!! USA
OK, this makes some sense thanks to the title and the good mood we’ve all found ourselves in. But Cyrus’ song is about a country girl making it big in Hollywood and learning how to conquer her fear at intimidating industry parties. Oh, whatever, let’s celebrate.