Author and activist Greg Mortenson, whose acclaimed book Three Cups of Tea has been a perennial bestseller, recently admitted that the story was “more of a fairy tale.” In the book, Mortenson chronicled his experiences as a mountain climber, and tells of how he was injured during a climb in Pakistan. He was taken in by local villagers and, when he recovered, he vowed to build girls’ schools in the country as a thank-you. Sadly, Mortenson is not the only author to pass off fiction as fact.
|10 Young Adult Books That Scarred Us For Life|
|Gallery: 19 Celebrity Cookbooks to Help You Cook Like the Stars|
|5 Books For Lindsay Lohan’s Reading List|
Recommended by Crushable:
- Justin Bieber TALKS About All The Mistakes He's Made
- These Are The WEIRDEST Christmas Traditions From Around The World
- Woman Accused Of Pushing Her Husband Off Cliff Just Days After The Wedding
- How We Celebrated Christmas In The 90s - Did You Do These Things Too?
- See Lady Gaga Nude In Candy Magazine
What We're Reading: