Happy Birthday, Janice Dickinson! 56 years ago today, the “world’s first supermodel” (her words) was born. Or so I thought. At various times, her date of birth has been listed as February 15, 17, and 28, and her year of birth as 1951, 1952, 1954, 1955, and 1960. However, February 15, 1955 seems to be the general consensus, and makes sense, given her date of graduation from high school, so we’ll just go with that.
Janice has been making headlines since her time as a young model, from her alcoholism to fights with Tyra Banks on America’s Next Top Model to multiple marriages and various sexual exploits with many male and female celebrities.
Janice has also said some pretty shocking/crazy/hilarious things over the years. In honor of her birthday, here are a list compiling some of my favorite quotes from her:
- “Photo shoots for underage girls are like letting an ant walk around with honey.”
- “I was lusted after walking down the streets of New York.”
- “People identify with me – every one does – African American women, Caucasian women, they all identify with me because I’m ethnic.”
- “As the saying goes, I want to be the best-looking corpse there is.”
- “Without gay men, I am nothing.”
- “I’m aiming to become the white Oprah.”
Who knew Janice and Dina Lohan had so much in common?