What’s one way to piss off Detroit? Stop manufacturing cars. What’s another? Release a statement saying “There are not any plans to erect a statue to Robocop.” Those words came from the mouth of the mayor, who shot down the Internet’s pleas to erect a statue in honor of their favorite hometown hero. Detroit residents went as far as raise money soliciting money on the site Kickstarter, pulling in $18,000 to build their guy. So, Mr. Mayor, why can’t the Robocop statue come to be? It isn’t like the movies haven’t spawned other bronze tributes in public places across the world! From Marilyn Monroe in The Seven-Year Itch to Michael Jackson, check out our gallery of celebrity and movie character statues.
Recommended by Crushable:
- Justin Bieber TALKS About All The Mistakes He's Made
- How We Celebrated Christmas In The 90s - Did You Do These Things Too?
- These Are The WEIRDEST Christmas Traditions From Around The World
- Woman Accused Of Pushing Her Husband Off Cliff Just Days After The Wedding
- See Lady Gaga Nude In Candy Magazine
What We're Reading: