Crush This is your weekly guide to what’s coming up in music, movies and TV in the next week. This week, we’re actually excited for Saturday Night Live. Also, Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale are both in a movie we’re excited for. And don’t forget Greyson Chance. Ever!
- Paul Rudd is hosting Saturday Night Live. Considering he’s most of the reason we’re excited to watch How Do You Know? next week, we’re excited to see what he does. Also, we’re pretty sure Vanessa Bayer is going to pull out a pretty sweet parody of Miley Cyrus taking bong hits. Otherwise, why does she exist on SNL?
- On Sunday night, Carrie Fisher brings her one woman show Wishful Drinking to HBO. What’s it about? Basically her life being a famous alcoholic. And generally coping with once having been the embodiment of the male wet dream as Princess Lea.
- Sunday night is also the season finale of The Amazing Race. If anyone other than QVC hosts Claire Champlin and Brook Roberts win, we’re going to be in a terrible mood on Monday. How else can reality TV make up to for hitting Brook in the face with that huge watermelon?
- Disney stopped funding The Chronicles of Narnia series, but that doesn’t mean movies won’t keep coming out. Tonight is the premiere of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. And if any of the reviews we’ve been reading are any indication, there are lots of ship metaphors to be had.
- Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale star in The Fighter. The title is terribly generic, but the movie looks pretty great. And some people even think Amy Adams‘ role could bump her up a notch in Hollywood.
- Also, Hemingway’s Garden of Eden opens tonight. Complete with Mena Suvari‘s bad ass super blond short haircut.
- And finally, The Tourist. Is it just us or do Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp look uncharacteristically busted in the preview?
- Nas The Lost Tapes: Volume 2 are out Tuesday. The same day Greyson Chance drops his single “Waiting Outside the Lines.” Coincidence? We think not.