There’s nothing sexier than a girl who looks like she just rolled out of bed…even if that means her hair is full of knots and tangles. Don’t ask us why guys find this such a turn-on, they just do. But on the off-chance you don’t actually want to grease-up your locks but still get those stray strands for that runway look, here are some tips and products that can help.
1. Go for a chunky and short style: Sure, that’s not what you usually want to hear when trying on pants, but it definitely helps for the bedhead look. From HairBoutique.com:
It starts with the cut—instead of pulling a section up, holding it between the first two fingers and cutting it straight across, you twist the section, then cut it in notches.
The nice thing about the bedhead look is that it’s supposed to look a little sloppy. So if you ever wanted to let your friend who swears she’s going to be a hairdresser one day take a stab (er, poor word choice) at your head, this would be good time.
2. The bigger the better: Volumize, volumize, volumize. Here’s one time when poof and texture is your friend. Try Danu Hair Leave In Conditioner.
3. No matter how long your hair, sticky wax is your friend (though if your hair is long, you may want to use less of it, and spread it evenly over wet locks before blow-drying. Try Blow Haircare’s Rock-It.
4. Stick stuff in it: If you don’t want to keep it real short, try breaking up your hair into sections with bobby pins, clips, or cute accessories. We’re a fan of these eye-catching Cabochon flower hair clip and earring set.
5. Learn from the experts: Again, the Internet and YouTube are surprisingly good places to watch tutorials on how to get your hair that perfect mix of sultry and messy. These girls might not be professionals, but they do have a lot of time on their hands to practice.